Lamborghini Diablo SV - Open Headlamp - a photoset from me

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi there,

As you all know I spend far to much time photographing cars and inparticular Supercars.

Alot of my pics have been static shots that I have not really thought about to much in advance and have taken quickly due to the fact the cars is usually on display at a show and there are crowds of people around.

Its time for me to get a bit more serious and as such I need your help.

I was lucky enough to have found a guy who owned a beautiful Diablo SV and he was only to happy for me to photograph it. He left me alone with the car for about an hour and let me have a pretty free reign with the shots I took.
The only thing I was not able to choose was the location and also the car was not cleaned especially for the shoot so there may be a bit of dirt in some of the pics.

Below are the results. Please have a look at each image and pass any comments or criticism where you feel neccessary. I have numbered the images to make them easier to identify.

1)
IMG_0413c.jpg

2)
IMG_0440c.jpg

3)
IMG_0449c.jpg

4)
IMG_0606c.jpg

5)
IMG_0429c.jpg

6)
iMG_0569c.jpg

7)
IMG_0598c.jpg

8)
IMG_0553c.jpg

Continued below

excellent pics, no 1 made me laugh ***.....

Imagine trying to remember the firing order fo a 12 cylinder engine....:thinking::thinking:

2 6 13

awesome car and excellent set of photos, 2,6 and 13 are prob my fave, but i also really like the detail shots, well done.

drool......

Great shots Tim. I am glad you do detail shots now and especially of this calibre. My personal favourites are 4, 5, 7, 9 and 12. I saw one of these at Oulton Park the other month. Stunning is only word I can think of to describe it. I am also glad you are making useful contacts.

Some great shots there....

Now what's that firing order again ? :D

Pretty good shots, all of them (except for #2 - watch the reflections next time). As a set, however, it leaves you wanting a bit more - I don't really get a flavour of the car - rather I'm getting shots of badges and wheels, ect. #6 is probably the most interesting - some more of that type of angle would probably work well.

But I'm being a bit too picky - as I say - I like them.

MV

Awsome car!
My b/f is a "car collector" :wacky: and takes things way too far in my opinion. He's got no end of vehicles, goodness alone knows what most of them are but I do know that Lambos are a particular obssession.

I had to reverse a Countach (think that's what it's called) out of a garage for him the other day - what a nightmare that was! Right buttock on door sill, left foot on clutch so heavy....no, I feel too traumatised to go on and describe the experience in further detail :bang:

Edited to say that his Diabolos are a dream to manoeuvre and park by comparison. Where's the shame in power steering?:shrug:

Last edited:
Hi there,

Many thanks to you all for the comments and constructive critcism, its always a pleasure to shoot such superb cars and much of the time it would be impossible without the help of some of the owners who frequent sites across the internet.

The Diablo SV in these shots is a superb car and one of only 9 RHD's in existance I believe.

Perhaps not exclusive enough though, my next shoot is a real stunner.

IMG_1045c.jpg

This one is one of only 50 in the world and one of only 2 RHD drive cars in the UK.

More pics of the Murcielago to follow in the next couple of days.

Regards

Tim

Beautifull, think that sums up both the car are your shooting

The detail shots are nice - little tip though, give it a dust!

The static shots aren't really much more than snapshots though, you need to find a better location. Obviously that's not always feasible.

It's not a bad looking car, not my favourite Lambo, but the fact it's a bit ugly works for it.

Back