Landscape 2 day trip - Location recommendations needed!

Name
fred
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I have a couple of days free next week and want to go somewhere dramatic! sea, lakes, mountains would be ideal. I am based in London and don't mind anywhere within a 4 hour drive time.

Please let me know of any suggestions you have bearing in mind time of year would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Fred

Come to lovely Wales, cant guarantee the weather and you have to pay £5.40 on the severn bridge to get in.. :LOL:

But we have the lovely hertiage coast around Cardiff or the Gower coast around Swansea.
Plenty of Lakes,Resevoirs and Mountains in the Brecon Beacons...

We had a TP meet a few weeks back in Brecon... http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=180274&highlight=brecon

The weather wasnt the best, but it is a lovely place...

(y)

Jump in a plane and you can be in Inverness in an hour ;)

Hmm...Peak District in Derbyshire is about 3hrs up the M1 away if you can hit 80mph in a few places !

Come to lovely Wales, cant guarantee the weather and you have to pay £5.40 on the severn bridge to get in.. :LOL:
(y)

And more to get out!!!:D

South Downs! Not mountains, but hills are a-plenty and ALL the others thrown in!!

Hmm...Peak District in Derbyshire is about 3hrs up the M1 away if you can hit 80mph in a few places !

Trouble is you hit 10mph in others!!:D

No, we only charge an admission fee its free to get out.... :LOL:

(y)

Should be the other way!!

I'm betting the OP didn't get ANYWHERE with this weather!!

But we have the lovely hertiage coast around Cardiff or the Gower coast around Swansea.
Plenty of Lakes,Resevoirs and Mountains in the Brecon Beacons...

We had a TP meet a few weeks back in Brecon... http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=180274&highlight=brecon

The weather wasnt the best, but it is a lovely place...

(y)

:plus1:, big time in agreement with this suggestion. You can be in Swansea within 4 hours easy, and that's going at 10% below the speed limit, a couple of nimble stops and one refuelling.

The only downside is that you may need more than a couple of days to enjoy that part of UK.

Brecon Beacons
Wales National Botanical Garden (excellent all year 'round)
Neath valley
Resolven
Mumbles
Gower / Worms-head
3 Cliff Bay
Porthcal
God knows how many castles within a few minutes of each other
Tenby
St. David
Solva (great seafood there)
Birds of Prey (25 minutes drive out of Swansea heading towards Gower)

... and the list goes on and on and on.

Alternatively, you can take the train, it's none-stop from Paddington to Swansea.

You forgot Nash Point :)
I spent a whole day there and want to get back there soon.

For a chilled weekends photography I don't think the Gower can be topped.
Good food, stunning bays like 3 cliffs, adventure on Worms Head, wild ponies, stonking views from the top of the peninsula - and if you are feeling especially brave.... Lava Bread

Back