Critique Landscape advice/crit for Amy (my wife)

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys, not sure if this is really allowed but thought I'd post it anyway as Amy's after suggestions, thoughts and advice and I'm certainly no landscape photographer.

I know I can't post other people's photos under the rules of this forum (although of course she wouldn't mind) so not going to break the rules, but we wondered if any of you would be kind enough to have a browse through the few recent shots on her Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/121757803@N07/ and give feedback and help/advice. Amy would be very grateful.

Thanks (y)

Quite a lot of flat lighting there, maybe advise her to go early and later in the day.

Shooting directly into the sun will cause a lot of flare as seen in some shots.

Be mindful of wonky horizons

Personal taste I guess but some of the pano's are way too wide for me

There seems to be no particular focal point in a lot of the pictures

Fair few are oversharpened.

She seems to be improving though as "Colintraive at Sunset" towards some of her newest pictures is her best.

There's some good shots there. The castle Lachlan shots reminded me of the time my daft dug jumped out the upper window. Fortunately he cleared the rocks below and landed in some long ferns.

Thanks for the comments so far guys, she is viewing the thread regularly and taking it in, considering she only really held a camera properly for the first time around May time and is shooting in manual, she's learning fast but any and all help is gratefully received.

Hear what you're saying about the panos being far too wide in some cases, I installed Microsoft ICE for her on her laptop and she rather likes it and was "playing" :LOL:

Back