Landscape Inspiration - Marc Adamus

I'm a fan of a lot of Marc Adamus's work, although I find some of his extreme dynamic range stuff a bit in yer face.

One of the things that Marc's work has done for me is to help me make the seperation between 'Great Landscape' and 'Great Landscape Photograph'. A lot of the wow factor in what he (and many of his peers like Ian Plant do, for that matter) is to go to incredible places, which is the real differetiator. The results *can* be a bit intimidating until you subtract the location and realise that the techniques are completely accessible, regardless of where you actually put yourself. Putting clear water between you and your peers means going where other people don't go and Marc does that really well.

I never get inspiration from any photographers pics, most of them make me sick, as I cant capture anything like what they do! lol

Some fantastic photograaphs from hom though!!!

Some stunning images on his site, lots to aspire too!

Got to know (not personally) Marc quite well as we both used to contribute to a photography forum. At the time he was moving from film to digital, he knew I had a 1Ds MKII, so I was able to offer some thoughts on my views on the camera (all positive).

I've always admired his work, yes, he goes to some extremes to get his images, but you still need that vision and ability to get the results he achieves. His understanding and interpretation of light is up there with the best.

Back