Laptop advice needed

Edit My Images
No
OK guys,

I'm looking for a bit of advice on a laptop for editing my pictures.
I'm using a Nikon D800, so file sizes are quite large, but my budget isn't. :(
I know people will tell me to get a desktop with an i7 processor and a SSD and fantastic screen, but finances won't allow.

Working on a budget of around £550, I came across these two.

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/comput...ilion-17-e153sa-17-3-laptop-21865580-pdt.html

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/comput...5-6-touchscreen-laptop-iron-21712967-pdt.html

Are they OK?
Can anyone recommend anything better?

Thanks for looking in.

Cheers Lee

I would honestly stay away from HP Pavilion's, I've had nothing but trouble with them in the past with regards to overheating. I've never really considered Acer for anything higher than basic needs, however I must say that the curry's deal you've linked does look quite good!

It wouldn't hurt to look at the Dell Outlet, you can pickup ridiculous bargains there, so an i5 with SSD may not be out of reach after all.

• Inspiron 15R - 5537
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4500U Processor (4M Cache, 1.8 GHz)
  • Windows® 8
  • 8 GB DDR3 Memory 1600MHz (2 DIMMs)
  • 1 TB SATA Hard Drive (5400 RPM)
  • 8X DVD+/-RW Drive Tray Load
  • 15.6 inch LED Backlit Display with Truelife and HD resolution (1366 x 768)
  • Back Up Media Not Included
  • Windows® 8 64bit (English)
  • Dell Wireless-N 1705 + Bluetooth 4.0
  • LCD Back Cover - Moon Silver (Touch Screen)
  • Battery : Primary 6-cell 65W/HR
  • Internal Qwerty Keyboard

Brand-New and delivered for £404 inc. VAT, the remaining budget could be a nice IPS Display and backup drive ;)

try pick up a used machine on the classifieds or go to ccl computers or laptops direct someone that will help more.

• Inspiron 15R - 5537
  • Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4500U Processor (4M Cache, 1.8 GHz)
  • Windows® 8
  • 8 GB DDR3 Memory 1600MHz (2 DIMMs)
  • 1 TB SATA Hard Drive (5400 RPM)
  • 8X DVD+/-RW Drive Tray Load
  • 15.6 inch LED Backlit Display with Truelife and HD resolution (1366 x 768)
  • Back Up Media Not Included
  • Windows® 8 64bit (English)
  • Dell Wireless-N 1705 + Bluetooth 4.0
  • LCD Back Cover - Moon Silver (Touch Screen)
  • Battery : Primary 6-cell 65W/HR
  • Internal Qwerty Keyboard
Brand-New and delivered for £404 inc. VAT, the remaining budget could be a nice IPS Display and backup drive ;)

Do you have a link for that?

I can only manage to come up with £549.
It's still leading the way tho for an i7.

Cheers

In fact you could use some of the money you saved to get an SSD for it (£60-70), and then put the 1Tb SATA in an external caddy.....

there are lots out there its just finding the right one for you - i've recently been looking and found a virtually new dell xps 15 - 10 months warrenty left managed to get it for 500 off the gumtree

Cheers for the replies lads. I've taken Neil's advice and bought one from Dell. After doing a bit of research, I got myself the i5 which is comparable to the i7 but an extra £70 cheaper. Using the extra leftover to get 16Gb RAM and an SSD.

Cheers

Back