Laser eye surgery - clinic recommendations please

squizza

Eeyore
Edit My Images
Yes
Good morning

I am hoping to get laser eye surgery to correct my vision as I have been through umpteen contact lens trails, suffer from dry eye and am fed up of wearing glasses!

I am looking for recommendations for where to get it done please. I don't mind travelling as hubby will come with me. I am based in the East of England and want somewhere with good care throughout, including aftercare.

Many thanks!

Last edited:
Damn, I didn't realize that would be the case [emoji20]
Thank you for your reply though

I used Optical Express in Bluewater in 2008, couldn't fault them, no complications and my vision is still great :)

I'd love to try laser surgery, but I've read so many stories that the effects don't last.
It's a lot of money wasted if it doesn't last.

Your eyesight naturally worsens as you age. Laser eye surgery was a life changer for me. However to expect it to halt the natural aging process really is unrealistic.

Your eyesight naturally worsens as you age. Laser eye surgery was a life changer for me. However to expect it to halt the natural aging process really is unrealistic.

I was near-sighted and they advised me that whilst they would correct this, as I got older I would probably become long-sighted as this is normal thing to happen but they would probably be have techniques/treatments available by the time that happens to correct it (if I wanted to go that route).

My Dad on the other hand, when in his early 50 came to the conclusion that spending a couple of grand to correct his near-sight wasn't worth it as he'd still have to use glasses for close up work.

I had my surgery done when I was 31, my contact lenses were £15 pm and new glasses may have cost me £100 or so every couple of years........ I've made my £2000 back (and some) already :)

Lovely thank you for all your replies. I was too looking at optical express after receiving another recommendation for them.

I had my surgery done when I was 31, my contact lenses were £15 pm and new glasses may have cost me £100 or so every couple of years........ I've made my £2000 back (and some) already :)

This is one of the main reasons I want to get lasered. The contacts they started trialling me on after the 'budget' or normal ranges/choices failed were going to be about £20 per month! And I easily spend £160 on glasses per year too!

Back