Last weeks sunsets

Name
Tom Storey
Edit My Images
Yes
Heres a few more from rutland water, on my way there i thought to myself i really need to be a bit more adventurous and go somewhere different. but with it being a bit too late to try and find somewhere new i thought id go to a different part of the lake instead.

9544_02_thumb.jpg

9570_02_thumb.jpg

I really like these! #1 works better for me as it has the interest in the foreground which is not as visble in #2, although I think the horizon may be a tad off. Lovely rich colours in there, and shots I'd be proud of :clap:

Likewise I think number 1 has the edge - its almost a dreamlike quality you've captured. I also though the horizon was perhaps a degree off but not enough to spoil the image - both a great shots

Both great, but number one just steals it for me. Did you use any form of filter at all? BTW the other stuff on your gallery is very good.

Both are great images but agree that #1 is the one that really does it. Horizon does need straightening though (imho). My horizons are never straight so always have to fix it in PS.

Ray

As Bernard would say, Bootiful :D

For me #1 has got the edge because of the foreground detail, but it would be nice to see #1 with the sky colour on #2.

Hope you don't mind, but had a play. OK the IQ is dropping off, loads of compression artifacts from playing with the jpegs, but I think it points to the principal of what can be done. See what you think, it's a layer job done in PS, although on the jpeg I had to put in nearly 3 stops to bring out the foreground detail. I guess with the original raw files it would be a lot less.

Sun_Set_copy.jpg

i think the second one has lost something in resizing and saving to jpeg, comparing it with the tiff i worked on, the jpeg is a bit darker.

the first shot had a few bursts of fill flash, fired off camera manualy.

First one for me - the fill flash has made all the difference. Lovely scene, well captured. :)

Back