Lauren

Wowza Bethy. That's beautiful IMO. LOVE the tighter framing, the expression. Just wonderful. Please tell me you print these?

Wowza Bethy. That's beautiful IMO. LOVE the tighter framing, the expression. Just wonderful. Please tell me you print these?

Thanks Gareth. Again, always appreciate your feedback and comments. I don't print them, no, but I hope that her Mum will. I do however print my own (kids) photos. Probably too much as I have the wall going upstairs covered in picture frames (must be at least 50) with family photos! :)

Thanks Gareth. Again, always appreciate your feedback and comments. I don't print them, no, but I hope that her Mum will. I do however print my own (kids) photos. Probably too much as I have the wall going upstairs covered in picture frames (must be at least 50) with family photos! :)

We need a photo of that wall! I love prints and I'll bet your style looks great printed. I am sure if I had kids etc, they would be printed too, but there's not a lot I can do with things I print at the moment.

Fantastic image. The only thing, that annoys me slightly, is that you've cut thru her hands. But it's a small annoyance and doesn't distract too much from a wonderful image.

A lot can be conveyed from this shot. Brilliantly executed and processed. I think I would like to see the whole hands

Beautiful as ever Bethy. The only minor crit would be the hands but the eyes draw you in.

And YES we need to see that wall!!

S x

That is a sublime & moving image- memorable & impressive:clap:.
Thank you, Duncan, for taking the time to comment. :)

Fantastic image. The only thing, that annoys me slightly, is that you've cut thru her hands. But it's a small annoyance and doesn't distract too much from a wonderful image.
Thanks John. Normally, cutting through hands would bother me, but it doesn't in this instance as her eyes just seem to draw you in and block everything else out. At least that's what it does for me. Thanks for your honest feedback. :)

A lot can be conveyed from this shot. Brilliantly executed and processed. I think I would like to see the whole hands
Thanks Bryn. Always appreciate your feedback. Regarding the hands thing, I think it's a personal thing on this occasion as there is such a strong drawing point into the image that it overshadows the hand chopping. At least that's what I'm hoping lol! ;)

Lovely expression, beautiful as ever Bethy, always look forward to your work
Thank you Jan. Very kind of you to say. :)

Excellent work bethy those eyes just draw you into this capture, got to say your work is going from strength to strength and love your pp and style.

Peter
Thanks Peter. I feel like I'm finally settling into my own style. Took awhile to find it, got there in the end. :) Thanks for your fab feedback and comments!

Beautiful as ever Bethy. The only minor crit would be the hands but the eyes draw you in.

And YES we need to see that wall!!

S x
Thanks S... Like as has been mentioned above, I think on this occasion, the hands aren't that much of an issue. If she didn't have those big gorgeous eyes to draw you in... Thanks for your honest feedback dude.

stunning, is that a backdrop or a texture..
Thank you Harry. It was actually shot on a grey seamless paper background. Colours and texture to the background were all done in post. I work primarily in LR, but edit for textures in PS, then finish it off again in LR. Thanks for your feedback! :)

Oh it does the eyes are spectacular, but on review of shot it would have been nice to see the whole hands and its not an overriding factor of image spoiling qualities at all.

TBH it would have just added a little more to the dramatic look that is contained here. The crossing of the hands and the inherent shape that is made when you do that.

Saying that if this was one of my daughters it would be straight up on the wall. :)

Your studio shots are excellent,well done.:clap::)

I'd love to see a SOC shot of this so the beginners can see what's what.

So did you bring the saturation a bit & such like.:)

This image would have gone something like this:
1. white balance adjustment
2. Exposure tweaks
3. Shadow tweaks
4. Sharpness tweaks
5. Export to PS
6. Textures - consisting of blurs and opacity & blend modes, I believe I used two different textures on this.
7. Re-import back to Lightroom
8. Curves, shadows, clarity, exposure, blacks adjustments for a nice matt finish
9. Slight desaturation and a bit of vignette

I'm thinking about doing a tutorial...

2. Exposure tweaks
3. Shadow tweaks
4. Sharpness tweaks
5. Export to PS
6. Textures - consisting of blurs and opacity & blend modes, I believe I used two different textures on this.
8. Curves, shadows, clarity, exposure, blacks adjustments for a nice matt finish

Do it! Just as lovely SOC, by the way. :)

Cheers for that info.:)

OK this may be a totally doh moment but what is SOC and OOC in this context cause I'm sure it's not.

Southampton ornathology club lol

2. Exposure tweaks
3. Shadow tweaks
4. Sharpness tweaks
5. Export to PS

It would be great to see a tutorial. Stunning shot and super PP.

You have captured a lovely wistful look and the processing is as usual spot on.

Back