Laying ghosts to rest on in the Rhinogydd

Edit My Images
No
On May the 2nd last year I sat on this spot and contemplated what had just happened. I'd just had a very painful telephone conversation with my fiance who had decided that she wanted us to split up. Four days later I quit my job, packed my car with as much as I could and took a leap of faith, moving to Snowdonia to be in my beloved mountains and make a go of my photography.

For over a year I have avoided this particular place as it was just too painful to return to. Yesterday, I bit the bullet and went back...

Thanks for looking :)

Stay Gold - The Rhinogydd by Nick Livesey Mountain Images, on Flickr

a scene that makes you appreciate the beauty that surrounds us, Nick. Lovely shot

They say everything happens for a reason ... hope the ghosts have been well and truly laid to rest.

Lovely image Nick with some wonderful light.

Great shot Nick the light is lovely.

I hope the move is working out.

Turning a negative into a posistive.. Good for you.

Nice capture too. Love the light

On May the 2nd last year I sat on this spot and contemplated what had just happened. I'd just had a very painful telephone conversation with my fiance who had decided that she wanted us to split up. Four days later I quit my job, packed my car with as much as I could and took a leap of faith, moving to Snowdonia to be in my beloved mountains and make a go of my photography.

For over a year I have avoided this particular place as it was just too painful to return to. Yesterday, I bit the bullet and went back...

Thanks for looking :)

Stay Gold - The Rhinogydd by Nick Livesey Mountain Images, on Flickr

Nice to see someone with the balls to do it Nick and be with the real love of 'your' life! Well done mate.

Cracking shot as well:clap:

Steve.

top marks

that has gone quick Nick I remember your post like it was yesterday, appears Yr Wyddfa and surroundings hills want you around that's for sure, lovely image indeed.

Beautiful image Nick.
Well done for having the courage to do your thing.

Beautiful shot that.

PS

I did something very similar when I decided to move to Scotland.

That's a lovely shot Nick, well done on making the 'leap of faith.'

Can I ask if you camped up there?

I can imagine how difficult that was Nick, I can only hope your trip back there has helped the healing process.

For what its worth i think your brave, to make that leap of faith sound like it was a big jump. Often its what you need to see the light (ooppsss excuse the pun).
Having seen your Photographs here and in Trail and TGO i'm sure it will be a great success!

As always a great shot! Crystal clear, and lovely light, your passion for the mountains is always reflected in your Photography, what more need be said!

:agree: You just don't realise the beauty of this country, theres so much I would like to see after spending the last 25 years going abroad for my holidays. I live close to the Gower and some of the breathtaking countryside near by, but I never appreaciated it until I started photography a few years ago. I just wish I was more able bodied to photograph some of it.

Stunning photo by the way.

Last edited:
Nick, It's always sad breaking up especially if you were on the receiving end and it's unexpected. I hope you're well on the road to recovery now and your images are stunning. Maybe you can look at this scene now in a positive light, if that was the spot you where you received your phone call, think of it as the point where your photographic interests flourished - and took off. It must of been a bitter-sweet day for you yesterday. Time to move on now mate, head up and concentrate on those landscapes. Fantastic image and I wish you all the best.

I've been in a simlar situation so can empathise, and I've stood in a similar place.

It's one of those things that we do to move on.

Lovley photograph, and I can almost feel the warmth from the sun.

Regards.

That's one superb image Nick. I wasn't aware of the background you described. I just hope the pain is easing. Spending time in the mountains is hopefully helping the healing process. Producing stunners like this one will certainly strengthen your resolve and prove that you made the right move.

Wonderful:)

Back