LCE.

Dale.

Bo Derek
Name
Dale.
Edit My Images
Yes
I must give them a shout, London Camera Exchange.

I recently bought a used Sigma 24-105 from them (Guildford). I saw the images of it on the website and it looked good. I wasn't disappointed when it arrived, it is virtually new and it should do a good job of replacing my Canon 24-105 L (MK1).

I also traded in a 17-40L, they gave me an estimate value, the lens got picked up from my front door and a few days later, my phone rang and they confirmed they would pay the estimated price for it, which I was happy with.

I've dealt with LCE in the past, I got my R7 from them and everytime I've used them, it's been faultless and hassle free.

So a big shout out to LCE from me.

I haven’t been in the Manchester branch for a long while but have purchased a good few items online from several different branches, never had a problem

I've dealt with them for several decades and never had any problem with them that they failed to sort out fast.

So: another vote from me. (y)

My local branch in Leamington Spa is also good. I buy my kit from them wherever possible, as it is great to still have a local bricks and mortar store with knowledgeable staff.

The only camera shop in town now. Never had any problems with them.

Spot on. LCE run a day at Goodwood each year with Sony which is a great chance to chat and play with different glass and bodies, and build a relationship with the staff. Only made it to Goodwood event once, but aside from second hand sections on here, have pretty much exclusively bought from them since.

Bought from their shop in Lincoln and today for the second time online from the Winchester store.
All positive thus far and they seem like good people to deal with.

Dealt with them for years and years, never a problem. Replaced an X100V after a repair failed (six months in so law says they have to have a chance at repair first) because the camera came back from Fuji in a worse state than it went. LCE replaced it and gave me a completely new warranty. Then I had a brand new Nikon D850 with a focussing issue straight out of the box, replaced immediately.

Only had one weird thing that I'm still unsure about. When I bought the D850 from them the high street shop, I had to wait a week for it to come from The Netherlands - it arrived on time -- but according to LCE's website, it was available for next day delivery. I can only assume that the shops work on a franchise system so if they order from their online department they would lose profit as opposed to ordering direct from the manufacturer.

I recently had dealings with the branch in Winchester. They were absolutely marvellous in respect of the time they gave me and their professionalism.

No complaints here about the Newcastle branch - they were happy for me to test a lens on my camera body out in the street.

Been using that branch on & off for nearly 30 years (back when it was D&P Photographic). There used to be another photo shop up towards Salters Road end of the High St. They were always seemingly quite snooty in there in comparison (Robinsons, Robertsons... something like that)

No complaints here about the Newcastle branch - they were happy for me to test a lens on my camera body out in the street.

Been using that branch on & off for nearly 30 years (back when it was D&P Photographic). There used to be another photo shop up towards Salters Road end of the High St. They were always seemingly quite snooty in there in comparison (Robinsons, Robertsons... something like that)

I got my R7, mail order from Newcastle. There was the delay on pre order but completely out of their hands. I was kept informed throughout.

Yup
LCE up here in Newcastle are great to deal with, refreshing to see and use a bricks and mortar shop as well.
Yes - they are the best. I don't live anywhere near them now but we used to go up and down to Newcastle when my in-laws were still with us. The good people at Gosforth recently did a great deal for me on trade ins so that i could get an R3 that had never actually been used.

Sadly, I noticed today that the LCE store in Cheltenham is now closed. I think Gloucester is still going strong though.

Always had good dealings with the High Street LCE in Southampton (which also has a second LCE near the Civic Centre).

another positive here, popped into the Derby branch after i'd drown my a7iii, and walked out with a used a7iv they reduced the price by £65 and threw a metal bracket/ grip thing on it as well, camera looks like new can't see a mark on it and it worked out about the same price as buying one off ebay so i'm happy

Just bought a Sigma dock from them, came yesterday. Used but it's like new, £18. (y)

Umm .. I had a very good experience with over a warranty claim somehere around 1970 :)

I see they are an Employee Ownership Trust now so that may be a factor in the continuing good service and perhaps a reflection on the attitude of the original owners.

Just bought a Sigma dock from them, came yesterday. Used but it's like new, £18. (y)

I bought one when I got my 60-600mm, it also works with my 14-24mm but I can't say I found much use for it.

every branch I have dealt with has been superb

great bunch of people

I'm sure that most if not all on here will recognise the value of bricks and mortar stores and I encourage all to support them

thanks

Dave

I bought one when I got my 60-600mm, it also works with my 14-24mm but I can't say I found much use for it.

My lens needed updating, it had never been done. I'm also trying to iron out some of the AF pulsing issues the lens has on the R7. I've dialled in a couple of new settings on C1. I'm hoping to try the lens next week, so we'll see then.

I think it will work on 24-105 too. (y)

Another plus for LCE.

Bought a low shutter count D7200 from Hereford branch.
It arrived in a few days.
It had an early version of firmware, which I updated.
I cannot fault their service.

That was my fifth purchase from LCE - I'm sure they'll be more.

Can I just add to the plaudits for LCE here. I've been chatting to the Chichester branch about a trade in. A really helpful chap called Harrison advised me not to come in until after 27th October. Of course, he knew about the Nikon discounts and wanted to do right by me.

One way or another, I'm coming home with a Z50 or Z5 because of course buying new kit will improve my picture taking :)

Back