Le Mans Part 1 (might do a part 2 later)

Gary

TPer Emeritus
Name
See above
Edit My Images
No
Got back today expecting to see loads of Le Mans shots already on the forum, but it seems I'm the first.

Here goes!

main.php

1) Jan Lammers (in hindsight i should have asked him to do the mcqueen fingers)

main.php

2) Ricardo Zonta

main.php

3) Pug vs Pug

main.php

4) Audi R10

main.php

5) Vette

main.php

6) Pug

main.php

7) A picture of how the peugeots sound

main.php

8) R10 at Terte Rouge

main.php

9) Trying a few new ideas!

main.php

10) My fave shot because I was the only one of 100000 press photographers that got this shot. Tommy K climbing out of his winning car in Parc Ferme

Loads more on my site

Last edited:
Great set and nice shot at the end with the winner. So the R10 won again eh?

Cracking set. They're all good, but having been to Le Mans before, I love the #7 - Bottle that sound and sell it

I do like the night shot - Le Mans 24h is famous for its dark bit, yet we hardly ever see anyone getting shots of it....

Got any more dark ones?

Good scoop with the winner!

#7 and #8 by a country mile, just brilliant. The other action pics don't really do anything for me, apart from #4 with the 24 Hrs logo behind the R10.

How did you manage #8? Never shot at night but I would have assumed you would get light trails when panning..?

no 8, only one word for it WOW!! :notworthy:

congrats on getting no 10. i take it that means it is worth a bit then? how come none of the others got it?

Last edited:
#8 for me. 9 just has too much blur although the colours are great :)

I love 8, it just brings the memories back!

10 is also a cracking shot, well done on getting that!

I've still got to sort mine out...Where were you sat? It looks like you were inside the wire? It was a mare from out side so I've not got anything anywhere near this quality.

i take it that means it is worth a bit then? how come none of the others got it?

i wish :)

all the photographers line up on the start finish straight for the last lap (its actually quite a sight to see them!) so they can all get the shot of the winner crossing the line with the chequered flag and the ferris wheel. I decided 2 years ago that i would stand by the end of pit lane instead where the winner turns into the pit and then heads into parc ferme. So, once i got the shots of him turning right in front of me:
main.php

i jogged into parc ferme with the car. I was totally shocked to see that no one else had thought of it. I'm wondering if anyones got that bit on TV (but then i didnt see a TV camera either)

main.php

main.php

Nice shots, how did you do the blurry night shot? No.8 is awesome, and catching Tommy K is great too!

So you had a media pass to get track side?

As has been said I was the other side of the wire too so struggled a little, I'm still uploading them to the PC now so will have to wait and see if I got anything worth showing!!

Great weekend though!!

Last edited:
number 9 shot (which doesnt seem to be showing up anymore for some reason) was just taken at f2.8 with a relativley high ISO and a slow shutter speed. Its easy to get it blurry in fact its hard not to :) I'd set the shutter speed to over expose the shot too so as to make it brighter. I added a load of saturation and vibrancy too.

number 8 was taken at late dusk rather than night, so i didnt use such a slow shutter speed which helped me to get it sharp and also make it look darker than it was.

number 7 was taken at early dusk, but i used a longer exposure (and rested the camera on the barrier) to get the light trails and over expose the shot enough to make it look like daylight. Next time i will set the flash to go off at the end of the shot so you can see a much clearer image of the car with the ghostly trails behind it. wish i'd thought of it at the time!

These are great/ You jammy git, wish i could go to Le Mans!! Love 3,5 and 8. Looks lik e I have over taken you, I have more posts than you now :p

Some very nice shots there mate saw most of it on the tv but would love to hear these beast in the flesh so to speak.

Fantastic shots and particularly nice to hear you were thinking differently when it came to the final race shots.

As others have said #8 is terrific. I also quite like #5 - you've tried this sort of thing and it hasn't worked for me before - but here the colours on the track all match with the car and lead in quite nicely to it.

lol at McQueen fingers.

Lovely shots :)

We were there on the wrong side of the wire just like Hallsey although I did find a couple of spots where I could get close enough to loose the wire and even managed to get into the marshall area at Mulsanne - one of them even lent me his steps to get a bit higher.
Still processing the few OK shots that I got including a couple of midnight (ish) snaps.

Was my first year this year and will definitely be going back for more :)

Superb set.
I must try to get to Le Mans next year

Back