Le Mans Part 2

Gary

TPer Emeritus
Name
See above
Edit My Images
No
still not many Le Mans shots on the forum, so here's some more!

main.php

1) Porsche 962 getting it sideways

main.php

2) XJR9 bringing back memories of the golden era

main.php

3) One of the more familiar sights in Le Mans

main.php

4) Latest Playstation 3 accesory

main.php

5) Not a particularly good pic, but its very interesting to compare the dash on the pug with the Audi.. Got told off by a Peugeot team member for taking this one, but what you gonna do

main.php

6) Way too many compliments in my last post, so here's one you wont like

main.php

7) And another

main.php

8) And another lol

main.php

9) I think this guy left the handbrake on!

main.php

10) Did this one already 2 years ago, but I was running out of ideas so i did it again

you were right bout the last few. i think i prefered part 1 but 1,2 and 3 look good to me. amazing how different the wheels are, i thought it wouldnt have that much of a difference.

I like them all- even the ones that cause me to look sideways. Love the heat haze on #7

#7 That sort of works doesn't it? Its certainly interesting enough for me to spend some time looking at it anyway...

#9 I don't like this as much as the other night shot...

#10 is possibly an oldie but a goodie :D

Great shots. Love the nigth shots especially. Do you agree with Ron Dennis's comments about Lemans not being a proper race?
Neil

:LOL: When did he say that? I can only assume he didn't watch this one!

Hmmm....too many compliments eh? OK, #3, I realise you may have been slightly distracted, but you chopped off their feet :nono: :naughty:
Lousy composition on the steering wheel shots, anyone would thnk you had to grab and run :whistle:

(y) Fairly decent set there overall ;)

Love the Jag one always liked seeing them race

I'm lucky enough to have a rear tyre off the winning Jag at the 1000k race at silverstone in 1986 signed by Warwick and Cheever plus a limited edition print of the car crossing the line signed by both drivers and Tom

Have Audi spelt Ignition wrong? (left hand side of dash behind steering wheel - red switch)

I wanna do Le Mans next year - I need some practise for a night meeting at Teesside Autodrome in October, so maybe I'll go to the Britcar 24 hrs at Silverstone (or the 2CV 24hrs at Snetterton! - although looking at the Calendar I'm supposed to be at Oulton Park that weekend)

Last edited:
:LOL: When did he say that? I can only assume he didn't watch this one!

Hmmm....too many compliments eh? OK, #3, I realise you may have been slightly distracted, but you chopped off their feet :nono: :naughty:
Lousy composition on the steering wheel shots, anyone would thnk you had to grab and run :whistle:

(y) Fairly decent set there overall ;)

there was feet in that shot??:shrug:

Love the Jag one always liked seeing them race

I'm lucky enough to have a rear tyre off the winning Jag at the 1000k race at silverstone in 1986 signed by Warwick and Cheever plus a limited edition print of the car crossing the line signed by both drivers and Tom

i've got an endplate from one.. lets see if we can find the rest of the bits and make a whole car :)

I hope you are disposing of all these parts in an environmentally sound way :D

i've got an endplate from one.. lets see if we can find the rest of the bits and make a whole car :)

LOL as long as we make it road legal;)

I'll have to find my other bits off all sorts of cars, including the number plate from the french racing truck that nearly killed me.

I hope you are disposing of all these parts in an environmentally sound way :D

No way was offered £1000 for the tyre a few years back

Last edited:
Think number 7 is my favourite out of this set... Really nice

No way was offered £1000 for the tyre a few years back

I knew the Chinese were desperate for raw materials, but that is incredible :LOL:

Have Audi spelt Ignition wrong? (left hand side of dash behind steering wheel - red switch)

At least I'm not the only one who noticed! Yeah I don't know what ignation is..

I like the night shots the best I think, especially with the light trails

great shots Gary. Oh what i would have done for a media pass! I gave up on getting any decent shots after Thursday!

great shots Gary. Oh what i would have done for a media pass! I gave up on getting any decent shots after Thursday!

its a funny thing, though. a lot of guys with media passes were wishing they could just dump the camera and go party, and a lot of people partying wished they could have a media pass.

I was one of the lucky few who got a nice balance.

its a funny thing, though. a lot of guys with media passes were wishing they could just dump the camera and go party, and a lot of people partying wished they could have a media pass.

I was one of the lucky few who got a nice balance.

I'd have been like you. Happy Balance!

Whats the criteria for getting a pass at Le Mans? do you need accreditation still like the MSA require?

Back