Learning photoshop

I really like that, very creative, I would love to be able to do something like that in photoshop.

Have you been learning long?

Matt

Last edited:
i am also learning but somehow my earning curve must be A LOT bigger than yours :)

Excellent

Superb!! Great idea and worthy of being in a magazine!

Thats amazing. I'm starting messing around with Photoshop with Scott Kelby's guide. I've no idea how you've done that though. Where did you start, did you have lessons or just from books/magazines?

Really creative work.

I quite often sit down to try to learn more in depth techniques, then get flustered, lose my thread and pack it away again. Must try harder. :thinking:

Brilliant work!
As mentioned, the CD does look a tiny bit large next to the hand, and it also stands out a little bit. But as you say you are learning ;-) there is no way I could do something like this.

Photoshop doesn't have a learning curve it has a learning cliff as represented in the image below.
It was drawn years ago to show how much more intelligent EVE-Online game players were than other spotty teenagers, but can quite easily be used to represent Photoshops learning curve compared to most other software.

Eve Online Learning Curve by padraicb, on Flickr

Last edited:
Good shopping there, have to agree about the saturation though, the cd is slightly overcooked.

Really like that, nice work, thanks for the link might have a crack at it too :)

Really nicely done and looks like it was great fun - I might give something like this a go at the weekend. Been far too long since I had a good play in Photoshop.

I agree with the couple of comments for improvement already made, personally I'd also mask out a bit of the texture over the hand to make it more consistent with the CD and paint in a little shadow on the palm of the hand to add some realism. Just a couple of minor tweaks, but I think they would take it to a whole other level.

p.s. There are some fantastic and easy to follow PS tutorials on the web. I'd highly recommend anyone wanting to learn to have a search and play around with them.

I luv it great work, something else for me to have a go at whilst we having this crap British weather.

Yep. That would make a great retro album cover. There is a size issue with the cd and a record, as in size, may have worked better, although, you would loose all those amazing colours of the cd. Which leads me to think that replacing the hand with something else.....(?) would get rid of that problem. Really good work(y)

Back