Lechlade on Thames

Name
Jake
Edit My Images
No
Hi all.
I headed down to Lechlade on Thames yesterday evening to shoot sunset, and then this morning I headed down there again for sunrise with Matt Franks.
The conditions were really good for both visits, and both gave completely different results.
Comments welcomed on the below.
These are in chronological order!

1 - St. Lawrence Church in Golden Light - 19/8 19:39

2 - Golden colours across the Thames - 19/8 19:53

3 - Minutes before sunset as the sky lit up - 19/08 20:09

4 - The Riverside Pub after sunset - 19/08 20:39

5 - Fog rising from the Thames as the sun rises - 20/08 06:16

6 - Sunlight diffused by trees and fog - 20/08 06:21

7 - The sun getting higher in the sky above the WWII pill box - 20/08 06:24

8 - Turning back towards Lechlade to shoot the church in Golden light - 20/08 06:30

A great set but those misty sunrise shots are something else, first class.

5 for me too jake. Did you walk down to the bridge? There's a great footbridge downstream.

#5 is fantastic & 7 is nice too. After seeing those the others just pale in to insignificance.

Good set with no5 being the killer shot ..Mist over the water and great light ..May just have been better without the cows ass.

Love it 5&6&7 simply beauty. Just u, camera and nature at this time in the morning :)

5 for me, lovely lighting and atmosphere. What raises it above the others is the focal point of the barge and cow, which the others, whilst nice, lack :)

A great set but those misty sunrise shots are something else, first class.
Love no.5, reminds me of an oil painting! (y)
Very nice set. It look really nice there. I want to go in that pub for a pint. Love the refections and the misty shots. Good stuff!!
5 is remarkable. A winner and portfolio image ;)
Enjoyed those fog images Jake, top draw ;)
5 for me too jake. Did you walk down to the bridge? There's a great footbridge downstream.
Some corkers there mate .Have to agree with the fog shots superb
5&6 are outstanding Jake.
#5 is fantastic & 7 is nice too. After seeing those the others just pale in to insignificance.
Good set with no5 being the killer shot ..Mist over the water and great light ..May just have been better without the cows ass.
Love it 5&6&7 simply beauty. Just u, camera and nature at this time in the morning :)
5 and 8 are about as good as it gets... well I'd turn the cow around if you have another donor image... that's all.
Really nice set..spent many a happy hour at The Riverside Pub :beer:
5 for me, lovely lighting and atmosphere. What raises it above the others is the focal point of the barge and cow, which the others, whilst nice, lack :)
Thanks for all the kind comments!
Daugirdas - The cow didn't turn once in the time I was shooting that view. It wandered into view just before the sun rose.
Byker - I didn't head down that way this time. I guess you're referring to the Round House? I am going to shoot down that way at another time!
Noah - Agreed, bloody cow! Most people have liked the cow, but I don't like it being there either!
Glenn - It's a lovely pub!

Another vote for #5 Jake, it is absolutely superb :)

An amazing set. I love the sunset shots, but the sunrise shots are something else. 5 & 8 Outstanding.

Thanks Derek!

I've been lucky enough to sell a canvas of #5 today, and off of the back of a twitter share I now have a photo going into Cotswold Life's 2015 calendar. Chuffed!

Congratulations Jake, its well deserved.

Must agree with the consensus jake no5 is the stand out shot but the others stand on their own merit too.

Back