Lens hood screw for Nikon 400 2.8

Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is posted in the right place but I am currently on the look out for a screw for my Lens hood which attaches to the end of my 400mm 2.8

Can anyone point me in the right direction for one?

Only available from Nikon spares, approx £60, yes, £60

In view of this price :eek: is it not worth seeing if a local machine shop could make you a new one from one of your existing ones ??? Don't know if it's possible, but worth asking...

Are we talking about the whole knob assembly which attaches the hood to the lens? In other words, a knurled knob which screws a sort of flat blade into contact with the lens?

View attachment 23646

If so, then a whole replacement assembly will probably be £60 as @Gary Coyle says. (I've had to buy a couple of Canon ones in the past, and they're very similar, and they're £60.) If you don't need the whole knob assembly but just need a component for it, you'll need to be more specific.

Are we talking about the whole knob assembly which attaches the hood to the lens? In other words, a knurled knob which screws a sort of flat blade into contact with the lens?

View attachment 23646

If so, then a whole replacement assembly will probably be £60 as @Gary Coyle says. (I've had to buy a couple of Canon ones in the past, and they're very similar, and they're £60.) If you don't need the whole knob assembly but just need a component for it, you'll need to be more specific.
I was meaning whole assembly, seriously no point in just replacing the screw as the usual reason for failure is a stripped thread so the whole lot is stripped not just the screw.

Back