lens recommendation for landscapes suchas lauterbrunnen

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All,

I'm off to lauterbrunnen this summer for a bit of Spectacular Alps Scenery. I currently have a Nikon D5100 and kit lens and a zoom for wildlife. So I'm looking to replace the kit lens really, perhaps something with the ability to be quite wide for landscapes. My budget is around £300-500 and happy to go secondhand. Would love to heat you opinions. Thanks

What about replacing the kit with a couple of lenses, sigma 10-20 and a sigma or tamron 17/18-50 f2.8. You should pick them up for about £350-400 and if you go to mpb you could trade in the kit lens

So I'm looking to replace the kit lens really, perhaps something with the ability to be quite wide for landscapes.
You won't be able to get one lens which will give you wider angles and also cover the same range as your kit lens. There are several different ultra wide lenses available to you, eg Sigma 10-20, but they all start around 10-12mm and finish around 20-24mm. To fully replace your kit lens you'd be looking for something with a zoom range of around 12-50mm, but nobody makes anything like that.

When I had my d5200 my best and sparpest lens was the Nikon 16-85 took some of my best photos with it even though I've spent a fortune on new kit I still always recommend the 16-85

I found it just enough for the landscapes but also enough for a walkabout lens
I then tried a Sigma 10-20 and just never got on with it but I really enjoyed the Tokina 11-16 but still it was rarely used for landscapes mostly for milkyway shots

Back