Lens upgrade

Name
Fraser
Edit My Images
Yes
Right guys, im looking to upgrade my main lens (canon 18-55m kit lens), purely because i feel it just isnt upto the task anymore. Mostly using the range of 18-150 for most of my motosport shots due to the close of the circuit ive been attending recently. This means having to change between the 18-55 and a 70-300 quite alot. Not got a massive budget and in an ideal world i would love a 24-105 f/4L lens but just too dear at the moment.

Im shooting with a Canon EOS700d and as said above, will be mostly for motorsports and the odd static automotive type of image.

Whats your recommendations?

Cheers :)

what about a 70-200 F4L, or a sigma 18-250 mm, if i was you buddy i would go look at all my exif data and if its mostly in the 70-200 range id say the F4L is a good shout

Are most of your shots at 18mm or 150mm or somewhere inbetween? What's your budget? Have you thought about 2nd hand gear?

Would any of you recommend the 17-85mm as a decent upgrade from thandard 18-55mm kit lens?

Its not the best lens in that focal range, the 15-85mm upgrade is a better lens, but the 17-85mm ain't bad especially at used prices (£130-160) and its definitely a step up from the kit lens. Still got mine, or though it doesn't have a camera body to fit on any more, 20D went kaput and my main camera body doesn't take EF-S lenses.

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Reviews/Canon-EF-S-17-85mm-f-4-5.6-IS-USM-Lens-Review.aspx

The 18-135mm STM is probably a better lens, but your paying double the price used, see my post above (don't get mixed up with the previous model) and the 15-85mm a step up again (but £350-400), but it all depends on your budget

Back