Let's see some sunrise and sunset shots

Taken near Dover in Kent, last week.

66ls803hok.jpg

Stunning shots, everyone, and it's great to see some sunrise shots as well. I'm wondering if I should change the title of the thread to "Let's see some sunset and sunrise shots". What do you all think? Or maybe someone else could start a sunrise thread...

Stunning shots, everyone, and it's great to see some sunrise shots as well. I'm wondering if I should change the title of the thread to "Let's see some sunset and sunrise shots". What do you all think? Or maybe someone else could start a sunrise thread...

I agree.
Thought it was restricted to sunset shots only otherwise the shot would have been this one :)
Sunrise at the lovely fishing village of Mevagissey in Cornwall
Mevagissey01.jpg

Earlier this year myself and my then partner undertook an epic road trip of over 5k miles in 2 weeks from oxford to tromso in norway - a trip i'll never forget

I snapped this shot on the motorway through a dirty car window on our way back south through sweden

30953221628209510625121.jpg

Here's one of mine from a couple of weeks ago...

Thames-Slough-West.jpg

I've taken the liberty of changing the title of the thread to "Let's see some sunrise and sunset shots". So if anyone is brave and foolish enough to be up at *£!£$!&!! o'clock, pictures or it didn't happen :D

Here goes my first posted image on TP. I love the colours of sunsets. This is one of my favourite spots.

Overy_Sunset.jpg

It's so long since I used a photo shop that I can't be sure but I should think all of them do. I know that Jessops have terminals in their shops where you plug in your camera's memory card and select which shots you want printed out, and I imagine that you can have them printed at different sizes. As your photos is 1023 x 860 pixels, it's best to print it at 6 x 4 inches, though it could probably go up to 12 x 8 and still look reasonably OK.

There are also many online printing companies. A Google search for "online photo printing" will give you more results than you need, and many of them will give you free prints as an introductory offer.

Lastly, I've seen some photo machines in shopping centres that you can put your memory card into to have 6" x 4" or 10" x 8" photos printed out for £2-3. For example, the Whitgift Centre in Croydon has them. Not a lot of help to you as you're in Salisbury, but I've included this information in case other people are interested.

Try online printers for convenience and cheapness. Have a look at places like Aldi, Photobox, Snapmad and maybe [?] Tesco for starters. Your horizon needs just a slight tweak to level it up if you're going to print it.

Ah I see this has morphed into sunrise as well, this one was taken just before sunrise in April of this year, I got up at 5am on a very cold morning, taken at Heybridge Basin on the Blackwater Estuary, this was only the 2nd time I had done a sunrise shot

Heybridge Basin by Adrian McGonigle, on Flickr

Last edited:
Few from me, just starting out in photography your shots are amazing....
6320018496_002cb5a5c4.jpg

6320014300_c8830574b7_z.jpg

6320020408_c9da48a508_z.jpg

Last edited:
Taken on a early morning fishing trip in winter.

6343313127_cdfbc52c4a_z.jpg

I took this one back in 2007 with my Casio EX-Z700 compact camera, before I knew very much about photography. I didn't see a lot of potential in it at the time but post-processing has made a big difference. And the skyline has changed somewhat since those days. If you know London, you'll realise that this is a sunset shot. If you don't: it's a sunset shot. :)

Back