B&W Let's see your Black and White photos

Night work

1/10th sec

TP_Car_Wash.jpg

Here are some taken on a 5 day Kirbys Coach Trip to Northumbria using a GIFT 1950's Zeiss Nettar 120 film camera , HP5+ processed in 510-Pyro The Spray is at Alnwick Castle, the Rough Sea at Seahouses as we went for a Farne Islands boat trip which was postponed until the next morning . The small Lighthouse is from our Hotel in South Shields on mouth of River Tyne.2024-04-21-0003.jpg2024-04-21-0007.jpg2024-04-21-0009.jpg2024-04-21-0012.jpg

Well seen & caught candid street style capture, with a decent mono presentation.

"Are they sure that's the right type of surface for boarding?"
Exactly my thoughts George ... initial practice away from the 'real' boarders first I think.
Looks like the one in front may have a 'GoPro' or similar and the one behind just bored out of his mind! :)

Just back from a weekend in NYC.

Waiting for my film shots to come back, but did also take my Sony A7i to use with the film lenses.

Most of these were on the Minolta 35-70/3.5, with a couple on a 24/2.8

There are these weird little cabins outside many restaurants in NYC. Some look a little more 'used' than others.

Bandit by Kell, on Flickr

Nice to catch this just as the sun hit it. Unsure of the actual building, but in Hudson Yards.

Hudson Yards by Kell, on Flickr

The Vessel - now closed to he public after three suicides.

The Vessel by Kell, on Flickr

Funny how you can tell this isn't the UK just by the style of that lock.

Locked Out by Kell, on Flickr

The Oculus at Ground Zero

Oculus by Kell, on Flickr

And the new World Trade building

One World trade by Kell, on Flickr

St Patrick's Cathedral (pano)

St Patrick's by Kell, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice spot George, very quirky 'street' image with people wrapped up against the cold but wearing sunglasses !

Thanks John.

Back