Leuchars Airshow.

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
No
Fair enjoyed myself yesterday and took the usual few shots so it will take a wee while to sort them out.

Meantime, this one caught my eye (C&C welcome as always)........

3T5G0292wee8.jpg

Last edited:
That's a stunner Mike.
Lovely pair of aircraft and brilliant exposure / composition.

Cannot believe the weather considering the conditions we had in the morning.

Incredible shot. Can't wait to seem some more.

Lovely shot mike, the J29 was a superb fighter, its rotund appearance belying its grace and speed on the move. Bit like myself(y)

Many thanks for all your comments.

Have now had a wee rake through the rest of my photos but few were as good as that one.

However, will put some more up later today to provide more of a feel for the airshow.

Last edited:
Nice shot. I was sat in a pub in South Queensferry yesterday when the Vulcan came in low over the bridges, banked to show-off that HUGE wing and headed west - beautiful sight; don't think I've seen one in flight before, or if I have it's when I was tiny and they were still in service.

Nice shot. I was sat in a pub in South Queensferry yesterday when the Vulcan came in low over the bridges, banked to show-off that HUGE wing and headed west - beautiful sight; don't think I've seen one in flight before, or if I have it's when I was tiny and they were still in service.

Thanks for the comment, we were in the VIP seats in the estuary!

Some more shots from the day.....

3T5G0549wee8.jpg

3T5G0002wee8.jpg

3T5G0661wee8.jpg

3T5G0585wee8.jpg

3T5G0176wee8.jpg

3T5G0014wee8.jpg

You've done a whole lot better than I managed Mike. Most of my air shots ended up as sad silhouettes despite everything I tried.
I'm putting it down to it being my very first outing with a new camera and being unfamilliar with it. Must get out a bit more and get some miles under my belt.

Now where did I put that handbook again ??

Thanks Pete, had more than a few silhouettes myself!

I think where we were had a lot to do with the shots.

For the last couple of years we were in the base shooting into the sun all the time.

This year we were in the estuary, so a lot of times the sun was reflecting on the planes.

My Box Brownie is a good bit better than the 30D I used previously and it meant I could combine a 1.4 extender on my 400mm L f5.6 and still get auto-focusing.

Cracking shot! I did wonder how you got decent light on them - I could see a lot of cars parked on the other side and wondered what views they would get.

John

Thanks John, we were actually in the estuary, with the tide out of course:LOL:

Last edited:
Back