Liberton v Lismore Women's Rugby

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
Yes
When shooting these type of shots into the sun ..somehtign will suffer... You ahve the scene exposed but the main subjects under exposed so they suffer and become dull.... You need to correctly expose the subject and yes the scene/background will become over exposed....... its either background over exposed or subject under exposed... you have gone for the latter.. personally i would go for the former

its a lot harder in post process but thats the idea... over compensate by at least 2 3rds IMHO

pop.jpg

Reactions: Nod
When shooting these type of shots into the sun ..somehtign will suffer... You ahve the scene exposed but the main subjects under exposed so they suffer and become dull.... You need to correctly expose the subject and yes the scene/background will become over exposed....... its either background over exposed or subject under exposed... you have gone for the latter.. personally i would go for the former

its a lot harder in post process but thats the idea... over compensate by at least 2 3rds IMHO

View attachment 341179
Thanks for that. These were pretty much right out the camera. Would you think that the papers are looking for a very contrasty image. I need to work on thinking about how a market likes an image presented rather than what I like. Taking your advice my eye would lead me to an image like the one below. It is less contrasty but actually brighter on the main subjects face. Only a couple of sliders so not really much of a time headache to fix.
edit by Simon Wootton, on Flickr

Back