Light Meter Recomendations ????

Name
Ade
Edit My Images
No
I am looking to get a light meter for the first time, I have had a scan around ebay and the prices and model numbers seem to be quite high.

What is a reasonable model for basic studio photography, and some outdoor work, and what price should I be looking at ????

I have had a scan through the for sale section and there isnt any, any help appreciated (y)

Ade

I got a Seikonic 308s from Dales Photography in Leeds for £128 they are selling the same one for the same price in Jacobs photography, they are all over the place.

It is a small decent lightmeter with a good range of settings, but sadly there is not a cheap option unless you get a manual dial on from ebay...!!!!

The Sekonic 358 is also a flash meter which enables you to fire your flashes and measure cordlessly or with a sync cord which sounds like what you are after if you doing studio work. It is all you will ever need but more expensive.

Sekonic 358

Cheers guys / Gals for the info.......I wouldnt know where to start with the manual dial...lol :LOL:

It does seem as if Sekonic have the market, but I have also seen a couple from Minolta and Polaris ??

Will keep a look out for a second hand one maybe someone wants to upgrade ;)

Ade

I use an old Minolta flash meter V...brilliant bit of kit...

Back