Critique Light painted kawasaki kxf 250

Edit My Images
No
Well I will get my excuses out first! The only type of photography I have attempted is motorsports in action. Im very new to photography with only starting to read and learn the last few months. Im also a complete newbie on photoshop aswell so its a long learning curve! Anyway ive always loved the light painted images so I decided to have a read up on it and gave it ago tonight. I would love some critique on where I stand at the moment and how to get better etc! thanks very much in advance, paul

by honda224, on Flickr

by honda224, on Flickr

by honda224, on Flickr

Nice - what was your exposure/aperture setting in #1 & was there any ambient light?

Wow thanks for all the nice comments. Number 1 was shot at F8 ISO 100 and 15 second exposures. There was around 4 images blended together. There was very little ambient light. Thanks!

Quite nice, the first in particular needs more light on the front tyre just for definition. I think in general they could do with a bit more light in the background just to give more context but nice effort.

Not a bad effort at all that

More light on the wheels and tyres is whats needed, and you need at least some light to fall on the floor imo, it'll help place the subject better.

Awsome thanks for the help I will be giving those tips a try!! Light the floor and wheels a bit more. Thanks again :)

You've had some good advice so far so I won't repeat whats been said, but I really like the compositions. Be good to see more of the background/environment lit since you've gone to so much trouble placing it.

Very good first effort, one thing I've learned is do plenty of images with different passes in them. Make sure you get plenty of options when it comes time to make a composite. Nothing worse than missing something with the light as you can't PP it.

Scott

Thanks for that! Yeah that would be a big help having a variety of images to choose from incase you missed something. The main reason I didn't light the background so much was because it was took in a garage and thought the clutter might have taken away the main image but I will deffinately give it a try!

Back