Light painting BMW 335l

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys, I wanted to share a couple of recent shots I took of a friends car.

It's the second time I've attempted this long exposure light painting technique, and its a little bit tricky to get the nice lines I've seen in other peoples shots.

I only had a little head torch to work with, and it wasn't until I went to edit the pics that I realised I'd left the ISO on auto (400), when really it should have been down to 100.

I also struggled massively to think of nice angles to shoot at, but will be looking at lots of other shots on the net to see what works best.

If anyone could be as kind as to offer any sort of advice / critique with any aspect of these I'd be more than grateful!

TIA(y)

7413968542_cf996d7f0b_z.jpg
[/IMG]

7414093562_7c01a8daf0_z.jpg
[/IMG]

7414090704_6de7521c26_z.jpg
[/IMG]

I think a composite of #1 and #2 would be nice... I like the lighting in #1... the purplish hue is fantastic. And I like the headlights turned on in #3... If you could get both effects in one image, then I think that would be fabulous.

I think a composite of #1 and #2 would be nice... I like the lighting in #1... the purplish hue is fantastic. And I like the headlights turned on in #3... If you could get both effects in one image, then I think that would be fabulous.

Ahh ok, I see where you're coming from. Will try and have a go at that, not sure how yet but I'll find out!

Cheers for feedback (y)

Hmm this isn't really my area but not so sure about these.

The lightsource seems to be a way different colour balance (very cold) probably 6000k and in contrast with sunset ambient maybe 3.5-4k (warmish)

I think next time you need to try gelling the light source to match the ambient and also use something to diffuse the light so you get a better/softer spread of light to produce the smooth lines you were trying for.

Im just an amateur in this field myself, but I'm sure someone experienced will be along shortly with a more detailed (correct lol) version of what I've said.

The lightsource seems to be a way different colour balance (very cold) probably 6000k and in contrast with sunset ambient maybe 3.5-4k (warmish) I think next time you need to try gelling the light source to match the ambient and also use something to diffuse the light so you get a better/softer spread of light to produce the smooth lines you were trying for. .[/QUOTE said:
Yeah, I had one very bright orange light coming from the building about 15 metres away casting its horrible light all over the place, and my little head torch gave a purpley-blue colour, so all in all bit of a mish mash!

I've read that some people use small soft boxes to diffuse the light so I'll be trying this next time round.

Cheers for input!

Back