Critique Light Painting - New Kit

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
Recently acquired some new lighting kit, managed to grab a half hour and employ the other half between episodes of Dexter.

Amazing how much fun jumping around in the dark with a torch can be.

First time using the kit so all opinions welcome, only lit the car briefly - was more concerned with the new toys!

Focus #1
by Sko77y, on Flickr

Focus #2
by Sko77y, on Flickr

Focus #3
by Sko77y, on Flickr

Focus #4
by Sko77y, on Flickr

Struggled to find a location and only manged the one composition, cars quite poorly lit but its the squiggly lines I'd like comment on.

All comments/critique welcome.

Scott

i think no.2 is the best as the squiggles dont overpower the car i really like it. the 3rd one the lower squiggles don't go with the rest of the image - its an unnecessary distraction which could just be cropped away

I think the car looks mint mate tbh. Well lit, nice colour and well posed. #2 works for me also. #1 had me trying to read what it says as it looks like some sort of graffiti tag...

The smoke effect would look better if it filled all the surrounding area of the car imo.

i think no.2 is the best as the squiggles dont overpower the car i really like it. the 3rd one the lower squiggles don't go with the rest of the image - its an unnecessary distraction which could just be cropped away

Thanks Kman, I think #2 is the standard V24 shot, will need to try again in a better setting. #3 was an attempt of everything I had at the time (wrapping leds round your head and running around with a light beacon effort).

I think the car looks mint mate tbh. Well lit, nice colour and well posed. #2 works for me also. #1 had me trying to read what it says as it looks like some sort of graffiti tag...

The smoke effect would look better if it filled all the surrounding area of the car imo.

Thanks minnnt, the colours ideal for light painting. :Lol: I can see what you mean about #1, I'll ask the girlfriend what she was trying to spell.

Certainly looking forward to getting out and trying these again, great fun - would highly recomend everyone try it at least once.

Cheers

Scott

Back