Light Painting with David Stirling

Name
Colin
Edit My Images
No
Finally managed to get out and do some light painting tonight.

WE went to Lewis earlier this year on holiday and spent an evening light painting with Matt Morrison and thoroughly enjoyed it. On return we started getting together everything we could need to get out and do some more.

Tonight is the first time that the weather has aligned with Mrs Sprout having a day off the next day so off we set.

Didn't really put too much effort into different compositions (moved the camera once all night) I was too busy trying to think what to try next.

Anyway we had fun and here are some of the results.

Light Painting with David Stirling by barrysprout, on Flickr

These are well cool Colin, well done!

Love the first shot, silhouette of the monument is great, the V24 colours are awesome and the orange sky really set it off.

The last I think is my favourite though, the stars really make it for me, blue orb is shweet and the lighting on the monument is spot on.

all amazing ! wow. AND with a sunset and all its colours too. What did you use to create the light? look like those party sticks you shake and they light up?

Thanks everyone. The ribbon lights are done with the led lenser v24. We had some of the party sticks to try too but didn't use them that night.

fabulous set, really like no4

Thanks Neil, I liked the effect on those ones too. Took quite a few attempts to get them the way I wanted. It was really really dark and when spinning the lights and walking towards camera I really couldn't see where I was going. If Mrs Sprout hadn't been there to shout stop I probably would have walked into the tripod.

Cracking shots Colin, I thought Id commented last night but appears not

Thanks Dave, after the fringe meet yesterday I probably wouldn't have been able to read comments last night anyway.:beer:

Really like no. 4 + 7. I must get out to try this.

Thanks Jason, yes I think everyone should try this at least once. It's great fun and opens up a whole lot more time that can be used for photography.

edit: meant to add earlier that what appears to be a sunset is actually light pollution from Dunblane.

Back