Lighthouse at dusk

Name
Ken
Edit My Images
Yes
One shot...colours straight from camera. Slight contrast curve, a touch of shadow highlight, desaturated blue a little and resized/sharpened with TPFAction. Not sure if it looks level but I'm sure you'll tell me.
18mm
f22
2sec
iso 100

Lighthouse%202.jpg

C&C welcome.
TFL.
Ken.

It feels like it's leaning left Ken, and a quick check reveals it is ...by about half a degree. Amazing how our inbuilt 'spirit level' picks up on it.
Lighthouse_2.jpg

What I do to check is roll the horizon or any other 'should be' horizontal line down to the bottom of the screen and check it against the screen edge or bottom task bar. Quite often the error is less than one degree, but just manually enter 0.50 or .50 for the desired amount of rotation.

As above, slightly off kilter, but forgetting that for a second...

Coooolllooouuurrss! Really lovely colours here, for me that's what is making the shot. Ace!

As an aside, watch that sharpening. It looks pretty good on the foreground, but all the horizon edges on the right have nasty halos. You also seem to have sharpened before adding the "first" border, cos' that has a halo all around it :)

i agree that wonky horizons always jump out, but this one didn't, in fact the 'straightened' looks wonky to me... optical illusion as i can see it isn't.

Back