Lily in the evening sun with OCF

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
The missus was at work this afternoon so when we got home after dropping her off we decided to have a go at a few shots outdoors.

Single flash on full power in a 24" gridded softbox. 1/1000 of a second at f3.2. Really like this shot so thought i'd share to see what everyone else thought. Probably should have upped the shutter speed a little more though. Any tips or advice would be much appreciated as would CC. :)

Lily
by David Raynham, on Flickr

David.

Very Good, like the way the bright colours that Lily is wearing contrast with the golden brickwork and the sky.

Looks very surreal guess that is the point... Guess flash was on HSS.

The reflected window helps imho.

Cheers Bryn. :)

Speedlight off camera was triggered by on camera speedlight. Camera had HSS enabled so the flashes automatically syncd aswell via the commander mode that some Nikons have.

Should have gone a little higher really, maybe 1/1250 perhaps.

Nice work, i like this. You have exposed your daughter perfectly and i like the ambient light in the background. Upping the shutter would just darken the ambient which i think is spot on.

My only crit is that i feel the window is distracting, its a shame it's not just the wall as there is some nice golden light on it. Just being picky though, love the shot :)

Cheers Dan. I had a crop in mind that removed the window when I shot it, but in PP I liked it so went with it. I can see what you mean though. Wish I'd have been half an hour earlier to get a bit more yellow/orange higher in the sky.

Hiya. Yes I like this too but would not have gone any higher with the shutter as the enviroment around her would have been just to dark imo.

Gaz

Back