Lion and Cheetah at WMSP.

Name
Well Dawn of course!
Edit My Images
Yes
wmsp3800x600.jpg

wmsp2800x600.jpg

wmsp1800x600.jpg

I like the effect on the 2nd one of a halo of fur surrounding the face with the teeth showing. First one is a nice shot of the cheetah, and in the 3rd one he looks (to me) kinda tired & sad but I like it - sometimes B&W is so much more expressive than colour (imho)

Thanks Pete.

REALLY difficult to get any shots of the Cheetahs the damn wire is a pain.

The Lion was VERY happy!! ;) He was chatting his girlfriend up, thats what the teeth baring is, he was getting her to accommodate his advances, which she slapped him for! :) They are also Lions with blue eyes, (horrid really) the squinting is common for them in bright light they appear somewhat photosensitive.

I agree about b/w it does also for me bring out more expression in some images.

Thanks again Pete, much appreciated.

Last edited:
Love all three of these and the processing is spot on for each shot :)

As said above, love the smiley teeth.

All great shots Dawn but its the Cheetah for me as I know how hard they are to get.

The cheetah is a great shot for me. (y)

Lion looks as though He's an old man but maybe not if he was chatting the girlfriend up. :naughty:

Number two stands out for me. Needs to brush his teeth though:)

No 1 stands out for me- I love the composition-:clap:

what lens did you use?

Les (y)

The cheetah is a great shot for me. (y)

Lion looks as though He's an old man but maybe not if he was chatting the girlfriend up. :naughty:
Thanks, much appreciated.:)

Number two stands out for me. Needs to brush his teeth though:)
Lol!! He does yes! Thanks Papasken.
No 1 stands out for me- I love the composition-:clap:

what lens did you use?

Les (y)
Thanks Les. I used a Canon 100-400mm L IS.

The toothy number two is the choice for me, however I like them all. Being ignorant, where is WMSP, I might check it out when I'm on the road?
Thanks Mark. Its in Bewdley, near Kidderminster in the West Mids.

Nice Set Dawn, the Cheetah looks a little over processed ( with a magenta bias) to me though.
The Lion (#2) looks spot on, and is easily the best IMO (y)

That's cool, I've got a few meetings up as far as Bradford over the next few weeks/months so I will see if I can time one right to get over there as I'm 'passing'
You get a free return pass too. (y)
Nice Set Dawn, the Cheetah looks a little over processed ( with a magenta bias) to me though.
The Lion (#2) looks spot on, and is easily the best IMO (y)
Thanks Cobra. Ill have a look at the original Cheetah shot and see what I can do. :)

Back