Lion Fish

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
My first "fishy" post....

Taken at the local safari park, I was quite impressed with myself :)

Would love anyones comments!!

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

A very nice shot and fish.

lovely shot through glass with i guess overhead lighting, i use to keep one of these called Grump a few years back, i use to sit for hours watching him.

Great capture John, but the lighting is always going to let it down unless you reset the white balance. Here, I have done so and then boosted the colours a little. I have also "brought out" his friend in the hole on the right of the picture - I hope messing is OK with you :D

rex-fish.jpg

Arthur

Great capture John, but the lighting is always going to let it down unless you reset the white balance. Here, I have done so and then boosted the colours a little. I have also "brought out" his friend in the hole on the right of the picture - I hope messing is OK with you :D

rex-fish.jpg

Arthur
Arthur... "wow" what can I say? I'm impressed! How did you do that "Photoshop"?
Really appreciate your's and all other comments and advice!
Cheers, John...

Hi John, well similar but not Photoshop, steps are the same. Just adjusted the white balance (clour temperature) til it looked right and upped the colour saturation a little. Then (a bit more advanced) I burned the fish on the right until it brightened up enough to join the party. Burning/dodging is a technique from darkroom days involving covering areas of the print with your hands to reduce the amount of light on a given area - or to increase it in others. With a digital it is pretty much the same though, you use a tool, the shape and size of which you can adjust, and you play it over the area you want to bring up. It's a lot easier than it sounds if you think of it like a rubber but in reverse! Anway, last thing was a sharpen to crispen the image a little and there you are.

Arthur

Back