Wild Little owl in June with walking shots added

Whilst you have some pretty good shots here Den, there are a few which need to be readdressed with regards to processing. The last one is a good example, as to me it looks as if it has a Blue cast to it.

I was going to reply to your comment Rich ,that was until I so that BRASH decided to hit the like button ,just another excuse for the bully boy to join in.

Den there is no bullying, there IS a blue cast.

To be honest, the reason I liked Rich's post was because I also noticed there was a pretty obvious blue tint to the shot but because I am only viewing on my fone I wasn't going to comment, in fairness, until I viewed it on my PC. When I saw Rich's comment I liked it in agreement with the fact I had noticed the blueness as well.

Last edited:
I am a little confused…is it not Ok to click on the like button regarding a negative comment if you agree with it?

I am a little confused…is it not Ok to click on the like button regarding a negative comment if you agree with it?
of course it is. but please dont fan the flames.

To be honest, the reason I liked Rich's post was because I also noticed there was a pretty obvious blue tint to the shot but because I am only viewing on my fone I wasn't going to comment, in fairness, until I viewed it on my PC. When I saw Rich's comment I liked it in agreement with the fact I had noticed the blueness as well.
That is much more appreciated and respected than hitting the like button, the like button tells me nothing.

That is much more appreciated and respected than hitting the like button, the like button tells me nothing.

It tells you I like the Post I've 'liked' which is the purpose of it. There's no point in explaining something every time you like a Post as you be just as well replying and not having a 'Like' button at all.

Last edited:
OK , im not going to get involved with the use of the like button either way even though i do have my views on the pros and cons of it (maybe a good topic for the OOF), today is another day ,time to move on and the sun is shining and it looks like its going to be a nice day.

It's
OK , im not going to get involved with the use of the like button either way even though i do have my views on the pros and cons of it (maybe a good topic for the OOF), today is another day ,time to move on and the sun is shining and it looks like its going to be a nice day.

It's p!ssing down here:rolleyes:

Did you use a different white balance, Den? Looks like the light was different and a different WB was required.
I like the clean background to the last few shots, but I feel the bird could do with a little more room at the top of the images.
Nice to see their progression, however. :)

of course it is. but please dont fan the flames.

Certainly not trying to fan any flames but after my original post on this thread, I was jumped upon, since then Similar comments have been made but they seem fine, as the OP has not even bothered to reply I am confused.Then i saw another comment which was "liked" which also seems to have offended.....I understand there may be history between a few on here already but that has nothing to do with me.... I will ignore his threads from now on as at least that way I don't have to pretend to agree with something I don't or get reported for negative comments. So good luck Den with your Owls and if you think they look natural then that's obviously all that matters
Tracey.

Certainly not trying to fan any flames but after my original post on this thread, I was jumped upon, since then Similar comments have been made but they seem fine, as the OP has not even bothered to reply I am confused.Then i saw another comment which was "liked" which also seems to have offended.....I understand there may be history between a few on here already but that has nothing to do with me.... I will ignore his threads from now on as at least that way I don't have to pretend to agree with something I don't or get reported for negative comments. So good luck Den with your Owls and if you think they look natural then that's obviously all that matters
Tracey.
Hello Tracy, my owls are wild birds ,and i am very open to how i manage to get shots of them,i see the owls every night of the week and i am lucky enough to be able to get the oportunity to photograph them,i do post a lot of images and i do admit i am not the most creative person in the world and on ocassions i leave myself open to critique on the un natural look of the set ups ,beleive me i have seen set ups with little owls on gravestones ,now in the the quarry were i get mine that would certainly look strange ,yes i admit that a mouse in the V of a perch dont look to good but out of all my images i can get i dont mind that, as i am not trying to pass them off as anything other than a wild bird that i usualy get a chance to photograph , i have also seen little owl shots were the mouse as been nailed to a post,perch now the owl certainly didnt take it their but people see that as a natural shot and rave about it ,me i wouldnt do that as my owl actualy most times takes it on the wing and i sometimes miss the shot,and i have a witness on this very forum that can vouch for that ,now if i had nailed it down and the owl had to make some effort to get it off which of those images would you say was the more natural one....i have been watching and observing and trying to photograph these birds for over 7 years so to be honest i dont mind people commenting on the un natural ones ,and i dont see that as a negative comment because it is myself who posts them and i am aware or asume that most people know i put it their ,it is a ongoing project and maybe i can get some good natural looking shots or failing that be a bit more selective with what i post ,thus leaving me less open for neg CC....

Hello Tracy, my owls are wild birds ,and i am very open to how i manage to get shots of them,i see the owls every night of the week and i am lucky enough to be able to get the oportunity to photograph them,i do post a lot of images and i do admit i am not the most creative person in the world and on ocassions i leave myself open to critique on the un natural look of the set ups ,beleive me i have seen set ups with little owls on gravestones ,now in the the quarry were i get mine that would certainly look strange ,yes i admit that a mouse in the V of a perch dont look to good but out of all my images i can get i dont mind that, as i am not trying to pass them off as anything other than a wild bird that i usualy get a chance to photograph , i have also seen little owl shots were the mouse as been nailed to a post,perch now the owl certainly didnt take it their but people see that as a natural shot and rave about it ,me i wouldnt do that as my owl actualy most times takes it on the wing and i sometimes miss the shot,and i have a witness on this very forum that can vouch for that ,now if i had nailed it down and the owl had to make some effort to get it off which of those images would you say was the more natural one....i have been watching and observing and trying to photograph these birds for over 7 years so to be honest i dont mind people commenting on the un natural ones ,and i dont see that as a negative comment because it is myself who posts them and i am aware or asume that most people know i put it their ,it is a ongoing project and maybe i can get some good natural looking shots or failing that be a bit more selective with what i post ,thus leaving me less open for neg CC....

Thank you for actually replying!
I have read your posts and am fully aware they are wild birds and have never implied otherwise, also I have no issue whatsoever with baiting I merely commented on ONE particular shot that too me just didn't sit right due to the position of the mouse and tbh a rather unsightly perch. We have all been down the road of posting shots below our usual standard and the reason I made the comment was this was well below par of the previous shots in the same thread, now if that was me I would rather someones honesty rather than the ridiculous comments of "great shot"…perfect light…..exposures bang on…. (and I'm talking in general here rather than about your photos) when they clearly are not right. These sort of comments help no one and if we are to improve honest C&C is a must without it being taken too much to heart…………unless of course all that is wanted is the glory comments then surely Flickr is the place to go.
The welcome in to this forum has not been a good one and with responses like I had I'm sure many people would not have even bothered signing in again!
Tracey

ok good, everyone have a big hug, and then get on with taking photos, ok?

No blue cast on that one, much better.

Back