Little Ringed Plover

Name
Mike
Edit My Images
Yes
I posted this shot on another thread but thought folks would like to see it here as it was taken with the Sigma 150-600mm `C` lens with the Sigma TC-1401 Teleconverter on my Canon 70d.
Only a small drop off in image quality I found with no vignetting or chromatic aberration. Very pleased with the results I have to say.

Little Ringed Plover by Mike Warburton Photography, on Flickr

That's a cracker Mike.

Some of your photos swayed me towards the Sigma 150-600mm C and I'm glad I did now. You sure know how to use that lens.

Great detail in this. Super Dof.

Very nice. I've recently bought that lens too. It's taking me a bit of time to get used to it due to the size and weight (I'm only little.....) but I'm well pleased with it. I've not used a TC with it, firstly I can't afford one and secondly I'm not sure my camera could handle it. And third I find it hard enough to keep the thing still without :)

Beautiful Mike

my only comment would be are you happy about what I feel is a foreground were I feel that the OOF is a little too dominant

I find the OOF ...... as is .. quite distracting and is almost the first area that the eye "sees" when you first look at the image

I think that a sharpe foreground would have suited the image better ...... I realise that the OOF is caused by the fvalue ... unless you created this in pp

Last edited:
Cheers Bill.

Beautiful Mike

my only comment would be are you happy about what I feel is a foreground were I feel that the OOF is a little too dominant

I find the OOF ...... as is .. quite distracting and is almost the first area that the eye "sees" when you first look at the image

I think that a sharpe foreground would have suited the image better ...... I realise that the OOF is caused by the fvalue ... unless you created this in pp

Yes I am happy with the foreground like that and to be honest it is unavoidable shooting at ground level. I could have stopped down more as I had the shutter speed to do so but wanted to isolate the bird as much as possible.

Super shot with that combination, some would say it shouldn't work that well with a TC ... as a matter of interest have you set the lens with the Sigma dock?

Back