Little Sister, first attempt

Name
Zoe
Edit My Images
Yes
My little sister kindly posed for me this evening so i could take some portrait shots with my new camera.

had a little play around.

This is my first attempt and her first time posing infront of camera.

here is another i thought i would ad

3296283334_d0dcb64242.jpg

Last edited:
For you to do it go to All Sizes and then click on the size you want and then scroll down and cut and past the single line of code in the second box down...

E420, good camera, but it looks like you're using the pop flash. There's quite a hard shadow on the first one, and it also looks a little blown out to me, but the expression I like. On the second one the flash has blown her hair out. BUT I like them over all. The make up around her eyes in the second is very striking, but the little dots of it underneath are a little distracting. Do you have an editing software?

E420, good camera, but it looks like you're using the pop flash. There's quite a hard shadow on the first one, and it also looks a little blown out to me, but the expression I like. On the second one the flash has blown her hair out. BUT I like them over all. The make up around her eyes in the second is very striking, but the little dots of it underneath are a little distracting. Do you have an editing software?

Hi chris.... Ooooh someone with the same camera as me

The pop flash? not sure what that is. I am new to this camera and taking pics so basically looking for hints and tips to take better images.

I have PS CS4 Portable. not sure how that all works so i just kinda try different things on it

Zoe:)

The pop flash is the one that pops up from the top. It's small, it's harsh and to be honest you'd be better off trying to light the shot with natural light or ambient light. Either that or invest in a flashgun, the FL36R that I use can be had for around £180 (although my brother in law got his for £140) and will make life much easier.

Are you shooting in Raw mode or JPEG?

The pop flash is the one that pops up from the top. It's small, it's harsh and to be honest you'd be better off trying to light the shot with natural light or ambient light. Either that or invest in a flashgun, the FL36R that I use can be had for around £180 (although my brother in law got his for £140) and will make life much easier.

Are you shooting in Raw mode or JPEG?

Shooting both. I got this camera from a friend of a friend. did not come with instructions etc etc.

Yea just the pop up flash. I will look into get something else.

You owe me a cookie ;)

Shooting in Raw is your best bet as it opens up a whole world of editing. You can do so much in raw before it even becomes a finished jpeg. Have a google for tutorials for raw editing in CS4 Portable. I owuldn't like to tell you anything as I use CS3 extended.

Last edited:
You owe me a cookie ;)

Shooting in Raw is your best bet as it opens up a whole world of editing. You can do so much in raw before it even becomes a finished jpeg. Have a google for tutorials for raw editing in CS4 Portable. I owuldn't like to tell you anything as I use CS3 extended.

Ty very much that was kind of you to send that

No problem. I'd lost the instructions within 3 days of getting the camera lol. I'd recomend shooting in A or S for a bit, experimenting with DOF (in A-aperture-mode) and then different shutter speeds (S mode). Then when you're happy, go for it and click it on to 'M' and see just how much that tiny dSLR can do...I was amazed lmfao

No problem. I'd lost the instructions within 3 days of getting the camera lol. I'd recomend shooting in A or S for a bit, experimenting with DOF (in A-aperture-mode) and then different shutter speeds (S mode). Then when you're happy, go for it and click it on to 'M' and see just how much that tiny dSLR can do...I was amazed lmfao

I certainly will. Bought i Tripod today was gonna go to airport 2moro and get some images of planes:)

I certainly will. Bought i Tripod today was gonna go to airport 2moro and get some images of planes:)

:eek: Be very careful. There's a lot of threads around these parts about over-zelous coppers hassling photographers. I'd make sure what you're doing is permitted. Have a search around for advice an examples of it.

OK, but just bear in mind even back roads near an airport may be patrolled, I'd hate to see someone new to the hobby getting hassled and it putting them off.

:razz:

Back