Liverpool Ferris Wheel + Hilton Hotel

Edit My Images
Yes
Here are few pics I took of the Ferris Wheel and Hilton Hotel in Liverpool before Christmas on a very very cold night.

I've been meaning to get the wheel from a lot of different viewpoints but have been thwarted by the weather. :( :LOL:

Please let me know what you think. Good or Bad.

liverpooloneferriswheel.jpg

liverpooloneferriswheelk.jpg

It doesn't move that fast. Honest. ;)

liverpooloneferriswheel.jpg

I meant to put it at angle before anyone says. ;) If the steps are straight, the wheel seems odd.

liverpoolonehilton.jpg

The wheel is reflected in the side of the building, and though really standing out whilst there, loses a bit in the image. I like the detail though.

Last edited:
Wow no2 does it for me, totally love it. reflection on the glass and water are great in the last but the top right of the building being missing just rules it out.

I agree #2 is the best shot. It would have been #1 but the dark triangle in the bottom right is so devoid of detail it seems superfluos in the image. Such a shame as that would have been the winner compositionally for me if it had something there.

Cracking shots, particularly like No3, the view up the steps.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment. :)

I like that people liked different images.

Nothing I could do about the black triangle bottom right artyman, I could have cropped it more, but I wanted to keep the whole of the aluminium roof line across the top of the image. There wasn't any detail that could be illuminated with flash either. :shrug:

More comments welcome, again, good or bad.

Did the final image scream out at being HDR to anyone? I tried not to go OTT. So is it obvious, or obvious now I have mentioned it? ;)

Back