Liverpool - Royal Liver building

Edit My Images
No
Liverpool is definitely one of the most iconic and photographed waterfronts in the world with her three graces. Not only one of my favourite ports but also the best run ashore in the UK.

Here are a couple from my recent visit.

1.Roual Liver Building

9395704534_83d1a482f6_c.jpg

2. King Edward VII

9392932623_950b0bfb7c_c.jpg

both nice images, but if you dont mind, Im not sure if the clock should be more oof as it's sort of fighting for the attention of the viewer's eye (to me anyway, they darted from clock to statue and back again and again ... so on).

Liverpools waterfront has been photographed to death! hence it's very difficult to get a view/angle that hasn't been done before. you have made a good effort to address this so well done for that. I think that you might have been better off not choping the top off St Nicholas's church in the first picture and making sure that the verticles are in fact vertical. Your second picture is tricky to get proper exposure because of the brightness of the liver buidings and how dark the statue of Edward Vll, maybe a little photoshop editing may help (bracketing and merging?) also you've cut a bit of the building off with the horses shoulder! (pity)

both nice images, but if you dont mind, Im not sure if the clock should be more oof as it's sort of fighting for the attention of the viewer's eye (to me anyway, they darted from clock to statue and back again and again ... so on).

Many thanks Carl and ST4 that's a really good point and one I had not considered

Liverpools waterfront has been photographed to death! hence it's very difficult to get a view/angle that hasn't been done before. you have made a good effort to address this so well done for that. I think that you might have been better off not choping the top off St Nicholas's church in the first picture and making sure that the verticles are in fact vertical. Your second picture is tricky to get proper exposure because of the brightness of the liver buidings and how dark the statue of Edward Vll, maybe a little photoshop editing may help (bracketing and merging?) also you've cut a bit of the building off with the horses shoulder! (pity)

Many thanks Paul, I tried very hard to stop the verticals converging but it was impossible from the angle that I took it, You'l be familiar with the Atlantic Hotel no doubt, it was taken from the 8th or 9th floor. The structure peels away from St Nic's. The composition of Edward VII was intentional being the main subject, I tried a number of permutations and used EV compensation. I think next time I may try and use a large aperture to throw the Liver building out of focus.

Back