Liverpool - The Transition

Maybe we should petition to gets Pete title changed from "Doesn't Do Subtle" to "Forum Target". Reading through this (and many many other threads), how much grief is one bloke meant to take?!?

I'd be tempted to clone out the odd patch of pink neon on the extreme left though. Keeps drawing me away from the buildings.
Oh, don't mention cloning. ;) :LOL:

In a situation like this, with a lot of changing colours dominating large parts of the frame, I would have put it on a preset, probably Tungsten/Incandescent as I think the AWB could be fooled.

Do you see a large/any change to colours when you switch the RAW to Tungsten form as shot when editing?

Maybe we should petition to gets Pete title changed from "Doesn't Do Subtle" to "Forum Target". Reading through this (and many many other threads), how much grief is one bloke meant to take?!?

We've been through this and if you read the thread you will see it sorted so please don't bring it all up again.

We've been through this and if you read the thread you will see it sorted so please don't bring it all up again.

I'm not talking about one person in particular, and I have obviously read the whole thread. I subtly wrote that in my post.

In a situation like this, with a lot of changing colours dominating large parts of the frame, I would have put it on a preset, probably Tungsten/Incandescent as I think the AWB could be fooled.

Do you see a large/any change to colours when you switch the RAW to Tungsten form as shot when editing?

Don't see an issue with the WB personally.

Liking this one. The flames in the foreground offset the coloured buildings nicely for me.

I'd be tempted to clone out the odd patch of pink neon on the extreme left though. Keeps drawing me away from the buildings.

Good point. Didn't spot that neon.

Oh, don't mention cloning. ;) :LOL:

The white balance has been "fixed" and looks fine in normal colour. This image has been cross processed which is why its a little off.

Its the colours mainly, Thats probably how it was but with the processing I think it makes it look fake, also blown bits don't really bother be but the lights in the foreground are distracting because they are big and blown.

Cool ok. I'm editing a normal version that I really prefer now. Think I've really had a bad week and nothing is working until I take a step back.

He didn't. The old folks home reject did.

Then ask that question in Forum Discussion, not a thread about pictures.

Thats it from me, back to the topic :)

Seeing as there were still unhelpful, pointless slagging posts occurring in this thread I didn't consider it a bad place to put the comment. Next time I shall add it to a new thread Mr Moderator sir.

Pete - my most sincere apologies for taking this thread O/T.

I look forward to seeing another version. I may not have been doing this long but one thing ive noticed is that I get carried away with processing for a week or so, like it at the time then realise that ive gone a bit too far. I think this is normal though. Ive started to go back to more natural looking shots but in a couple weeks ill probably be bang on the HDR again :)

John Constable would turn in his grave if he saw this. What happened to art ? Now I know why Birkenhead is called the one eyed city, most of the yobs there are blind.

:clap: Most Irrelevant Post 2009 contender. :clap:

Constable was dead before they were built, he painted stuff, not took photos, Oh and art is subjective. and they are not in Birkenhead, nor is Pete from there.

Critique Fail.

John Constable would turn in his grave if he saw this.

Interestingly, if you read the wikipedia entry for Constable, the first thing you read is:

He is known principally for his landscape paintings of Dedham Vale, the area surrounding his home—now known as "Constable Country"—which he invested with an intensity of affection. "I should paint my own places best", he wrote to his friend John Fisher in 1821, "painting is but another word for feeling

Oddly enough, that sounds just like Pete and Liverpool to me.

Wonder if in 200 years Liverpool will be known as Carr country?

:D

Sorry Pete, don't like that last one as much as the other two. Too many colours going on for me, the yellow just seems to take over the whole shot. In the second shot the colours complimented each other a bit more and this one just seems to clash a bit much.

Please bear in mind I'm quite conservative with my tastes though.

Andrea

DSC_3239-Edit-2.jpg

Wait for it, wait for it...

Really liking that one :) The highlights aren't so in your face and the building is straight :)

Also liking the way you are teasing us with one image at a time :p

Really liking that one :) The highlights aren't so in your face and the building is straight :)

Also liking the way you are teasing us with one image at a time :p

Just as I do on my blog. Annoyingly I've already submitted the previous edits to my blog so I have to apologise to my fans and do it again.

Back