LLanddwyn Island Lighthouse

I like the composition although the cross is very close to the edge of the frame but the processing seems very bright and colour saturated, I think you'd have a cracking shot if you toned down the colour

Last edited:
Quite nice given a cloudless sky. I too would crop away the cross and tone the saturation down a tad.

That's really pretty.
I love the subtlety of the colours in the sky (the original isn't showing any more, so I can only comment on the toned down version) and the composition with that path leading you through the image works brilliantly.

I can absolutely see what other posters mean about the cross being too close to the LHS and needing some more room or potentially cropping out. However, although conventional wisdom tells me that they're correct it sort of feels right to me being just where it is. Completely subjective, but to me it sort of anchors the LHS of the image and balances out that dark rock on the RHS. It also aids me with the feel of movement through the image, almost as if I'm passing it in my peripheral vision as I move along that winding path.

One of THE best spots in North Wales, love this location. Agree with the comments about the cross, it just needs a little more space between it and the edge of the frame, nice colours though

Simon

I like it as it is. Yes in an ideal world the cross would be a bit further into the shot, but it still works. For me, it's a bit over saturated in the blues. Have a look into removing chromatic abberation, as there is some fringing around the cross that is very obvious.

Beautiful capture!
This is among my most favourite locations in the UK

Back