Llyn Idwal

cannockwolf

<span class="poty">POTY (Joint) 2016</span>
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
No
Went out for the day today after a few weeks of madness at work hence the absence :), got a few shots from Lllyn Idwal

Colour or BW?

n_wales-0649.jpg

n_wales-0649-2.jpg

This was en-route near Capel Curig

n_wales-06011.jpg

I like all 3 but the second image gets my vote

(y)

All three are excellent.

Really hard to choose between the colour and B&W versions. I think the colour just shades it!

Number 1 has to be my favourite, and I'm glad to say I've been to the top. :D

Stunning shots. (y)

Beautiful shots, but number 1 in colour looks a lot better in my opinion with the subtle tonal ranges.

Nice work :clap::clap:

Love all three , also go for the colour.

Thanks for the comments, I'm still finding it hard to choose myself. It's a shame the sun wasn't on the lakeside mountain but I'm happy with what I got, once I've worked on them I'll post a couple more up

Ohhh very nioce. I prefer the colour version (for a change). Really like no, 3 too :)(y)

thanks for the comments :)

thanks both

Superb shots, all three, I love the colours on Pen yr Ole ***. I drove down the valley later in the morning after the sunrise at Llyn Padarn, all the lovely light was gone! Will have to go again.

Edit - Don't know what is going on with the name of the mountain, but I put the last word in and it changes to asterisks!
Strange, it's Welsh, not a swear word.

Last edited:
Lovely pics. I would go for the colour version as the B&W tonal range is not as impressive. Both versions prove the composition works though. (y)

#3 is great. Shows what can be done in poor light.

Hard to choose, both great! That's the sign of a great shot.

Thanks all for the comments looks like colours right for this one then

I love #1, the composition is fantastic, and it definitely deserves to be in colour - the richness of the brown tops it all off

The 1st is magnifico! Lovely browns, like the multi-coloured clouds and the mirror-like lake:clap:

cheers all

Back