Wild Load more bugs.

Name
Andrew
Edit My Images
Yes
My turn

First up Sciara hemerobioides which is a member of the crane fly family,,,,, i think.

moth by andy johnson, on Flickr

Fly ? by he wife

Fly by andy johnson, on Flickr

Lace wing by the wife

lace by andy johnson, on Flickr

Green Bottle

green bottle head by andy johnson, on Flickr

Noon Fly - Mesembrina meridiana

Noon Fly - Mesembrina meridiana by andy johnson, on Flickr

Rhingia campestris

hover2 by andy johnson, on Flickr

I spent a couple of hours trying to get these flying which was great fun although very annoying that they just wouldnt stop still long enough to get a good focus. Following them through the view finder was also a tad difficult but i found it easier tracking them keeping both eyes open. Anyway these two were the best of a lot :)
Migrant hawker

dragon3 by andy johnson, on Flickr

Migrant hawker

dragon4 by andy johnson, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

Very good attempt at flying dragons not a easy task at all....

think the best shots are #1/5 detail is great in both of them and they don't look like you have excessively cropped.

Composition needs a little work as everything seems very central but improvements are being made so that means your heading in the right direction.

Thanks Bryn. The dragons were fun trying to shoot and there were plenty of them in the hot sun last sunday. Trouble was most of the pics came with a big white sun spot on their eyes, which i had to edited out on the first one. As you probably know dragons will patrol the same area for a while and if you throw a twig in the air just as they are passing they will turn and follow it giving you another chance to shoot them. Still not easy though and with a 100 mm macro. Looking at the pics again i agree with the composition being central, totally missed that.

Thanks for the advice all taken on board :)

Really nice set of images Andrew & Wife, some fine detail with pretty good exposure.(y)

George.

Back