Bug Location location Location

KIPAX

Seriously Likeable
Name
KIPAX Lancashire UK
Edit My Images
No
As we have an influx of new users from around the world .. Should we have a location option in our INFO.. One of our new US friends was looking and changed his name.. I have just changed mine to add location.. quick fix :)

Is it me or has the site name changed.. didn't it have UK in the title ?

@Cobra Talk Photography is the premier UK based photographic community for photographers
to learn, grow, share and inspire each other in the art and practice of photography.

We didn't need it before but we could end up with thousands from around the globe ... I certainly have no problem with that and doubt many others will. But woud be nice when talkign to people to know where they are from.. especialy when they talk about football when they mean girls rugby :) and other stuff

Anyway.. juts a thought :)

SORRY about the BUG prefix but theres nothing for suggestions ?

Last edited:
I rather agree with the suggestion.

We haven't yet had an influx, more of a trickle and with any of these things it depends on people filing in the data in the first place. When we took over, the side bar was rather cluttered and we took a view that it should be minimised. As @Cobra pointed out in another thread we already have members from all over the world and it hasn't really been an issue so far.

If the Location field has been populated then all one has to do is click the avatar to see the information, I vote for keeping an eye on it and taking appropriate action if there are problems in practice

It was many years ago I joined and did not fill in a location but did so today. I do find it useful to have an idea of the area a contributor lives as it may be relevant to the posting. I suspect many others have not added a location but not because they are trying to hide.

Dave

If the Location field has been populated then all one has to do is click the avatar to see the information, I vote for keeping an eye on it and taking appropriate action if there are problems in practice

you dont want to be going throgh a thread and clicking avatars ... :) just a glance :)

you dont want to be going throgh a thread and clicking avatars ... :) just a glance :)
But you have already proved you don't have to click anywhere, its as plain to see as the lens on your camera ;)

It matters when discussing law/prices/equipment etc - we often get 'confused' advice/information.

We haven't yet had an influx, more of a trickle and with any of these things it depends on people filing in the data in the first place. When we took over, the side bar was rather cluttered and we took a view that it should be minimised. As @Cobra pointed out in another thread we already have members from all over the world and it hasn't really been an issue so far.

You don't even need to click on he avatar - just hovering the cursor over it shows the main points (providing the necessary fields have been filled in, of course!)

You don't even need to click on he avatar - just hovering the cursor over it shows the main points (providing the necessary fields have been filled in, of course!)
You don't eve have to do that, just fill out the appropriate section, as kipax has proven. And look at the avatar space.

Back