locations/accomodation in scotland?

Name
nathan
Edit My Images
Yes
i have stayed on mull before some years ago with family but would like to take my mrs to see some proper scottish views and experience the amazing scottish food etc for her brithday, looking at around september time, ideally like a cottage hire type holiday any recommendations on places etc?

any help greatly appreciated

Look out for (Brash) on here, he is a sad lonely git with no freinds, I am sure he will be glad of the company :LOL: Sorry Nathan I cannot help you but there are a few on here from up those parts and no doubt plenty that have stayed there.

http://www.turret-house.com/

I stayed here with friends just after it was built. Absolutely gorgeous house with lots of fancy tech. (Floor lights that are on a sensor for if you need to get up in the night although a few rooms were ensuite) Weem is close to Aberfeldy. There's lots of walks, hills and views in the area. Birks of Aberfeldy is a lovely gorg walk with a large waterfall on one end.

Look out for (Brash) on here, he is a sad lonely git with no freinds, I am sure he will be glad of the company :LOL: .

Wouldn't have any of you lot north of the border. The end!!!

Dunkeld, Blairgowrie, Pitlochry are all very nice places to stay

Ardnamurchan (the place you go to get to Mull) is very nice, but devoid of just about anything but hills, grass and sheep. I know a guy who lives there part year round, I can imagine it being nice some of the time but if I stayed their all year round I think I'd actually go "shining" on people...

Other than that I have heard good things about Nairn and Plockton (parents been), although I have never been. Culzean castle in Ayrshire (parents also been) is also supposed to be very good with very nice accommodation. Sorry I can't be more specific.

Seriously tho. It's a lovely part of the country up there, the accommodation looks first class too. If you get the weather you'll love it. Enjoy;)

i hope for the weather and hope it will be a nice chill time.

Wouldn't have any of you lot north of the border. The end!!!

You have no option sunshine.

I`ll be up on North uist soon, get your sorry butt over there.

You have no option sunshine.

I`ll be up on North uist soon, get your sorry butt over there.

Too far away from my neck of the woods. Wouldn't travel further than the end of my garden to meet you or Dickboy:shake:

On my phone at the moment, I'm sure if you look on Google maps you'll get an idea, there's a lovely hotel in tongue about 2 miles away also, the name escapes me, had many a good night in there :)

Can you get their gallery to show? Not much joy here. :/

same here, thanks for all suggestions guys, thinking of staying in a b&b just outside fort william, and possible stopping off on the way up through glencoe and inverary etc, some stunning locations on that route, and of course have to stop at the green welly for food on the way up, loved that place :)

Torridon would be my suggestion, one of the most amazing places I've been. I've stayed in the Youth Hostel and the Torridon Inn which has a pub attached to it. The Inn is simple but very nice.

Back