Locations not to miss in The Lake District?

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just booked to go on holiday with some friends in early March to the Lake District.

Although I have already searched the internet for the most likely locations for good photographs, I would appreciate any input for places not to miss.

As we have only a week I would like to create a list now to make sure we make the best of our trip.

Thanks in advance for any comments and help.

Chris

Hi Chris
Smashing place!
Try going up 'Haystacks' then there is Patterdale/Grassmere (Rydal waters)/Langdale/Buttermere/Wastwater. Just a few, then you have Conniston lake/Hawkshead etc etc. Theres always something around the corner. Have a great time. Come back with some pics.
tel

Hi Chris
Smashing place!
Try going up 'Haystacks' then there is Patterdale/Grassmere (Rydal waters)/Langdale/Buttermere/Wastwater. Just a few, then you have Conniston lake/Hawkshead etc etc. Theres always something around the corner. Have a great time. Come back with some pics.
tel

On Wainwright Walks last night Julia Bradbury went up Haystacks. Looked like lots of super pic opportunities there.

Then while your up there you can walk along 'High Street' loads of picture opportunities......do you want me to come and show you around!!
tel

How much walking do you (and your friends) like to do, Chris? Are you looking for locations which are conveniently accessible from the road, or are you looking for mountain locations?

Wasdale Head always a favorite of mine. Looking over Wast Water with the water framed by Yewbarrow, Kirk Fell the lower slopes of Scafell and the Screes...a classic shot

You lot are brilliant. Thanks for all the info so far. I like a good walk and I'm sure I could talk my friends into a bit of a trek to get some good shots. So nothing is out of the question.

Any more ideas will go into the mix and hopefully I will brave enough to post some when we get back.

Thanks again

Chris

By Glenridding, you get a boat halfway up Ulswater (cant remember the name) then you walk back to Glenridding, lots of spots for taking pics of the lake!!
That should do you for a week!!
tel

Lower section of Haweswater Reservouir at sunrise...stunning and there's a jetty there somewhere - one of the Togs on our last meet find it but others didn't :thinking:

Cheers and post some photographs.

I have just booked to go on holiday with some friends in early March to the Lake District.

Chris

Take warm and waterproof clothing, for you and the camera............:)

Tarn hows near hawkshead, nice walk - stunning especialy in mornings and dusk

loweswater in the east

wastwater is always photogenic , and scary looking !

as stated rydal and grasmere are always overlooked

and if you want something different , the malcolm wilson rally is on 3rd march using comb, wythop, grisedale etc..

And then there is always the done to death spots like ashness bridge,boathouses and buttermere etc

Have a big boys day out and go to the mast at Tebay. Shoot some lowlevel fast jets.:D
Just something different from landscapes.

Kev.

I love it around Ullswater and the Glenridding area. Check out Aira Force waterfall, a nice little walk. Also think about a steamer trip across the lake. Not far from there is the Kirkstone Pass Inn, a weird but wonderful pub that does great food and a realy nice pint of porter.

So much to do there tbh.

Back