Loch Lomond (Rowerdennan)

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
Hi All

I've been a member on here for a few years now and have never posted any of my shots as I consider myself a very early learner....however over the years I have slowly started to build my camera gear collection and I'm now starting to get out and about a bit more (Off to Glencoe soon). I was up at Loch Lomond a few weeks back and although I didn't get many decent shots due to weather I thought I would share this one as I think its pretty decent for a novice!! Please feel free to comment, I know its probably no where near as good as some of the shots on here but I would just like to know if its semi decent or if its a pile of c&*p

Thanks

Sherbs

View attachment 23319

Bit too dark for me

Straight from the camera, I would like to start editing as I bought a new imac this year but don't know what the best package would be or what to edit! Thanks for your comments folks

Lightroom 5 is a good Package there lots of tutorials on YouTube and Adobe website to help you along the way!!!

The shadow areas are too dark but you have some really good reflections. It might help the composition if you cropped out the little bit of shore at the bottom, but not all of it as it needs those rocks (if that's what they are) in the foreground.

Ok thanks guys, lots to practice on then! Will have a look at Lightroom and see if my budget can stretch[emoji23]

There's also Paintshop which can be had for about £70, which you buy, unlike the Adobe software which is a subscription. There's also freeware packages eg Gimp, which will do the basics but obviously won't have all the bells and whistles of the better packages. I believe both Lightroom and Paintshop do free trials, so you can try before you buy and see what you actually need.

Back