Status
Not open for further replies.

Dejavu

Suspended / Banned
Name
Grant
Edit My Images
No
A few images of Loki I took on February this year at a field near where I live, where we had some snow fall:) Hoping for some snow this year (or next) too

1)
lokip.jpg

Excellent!!! Love these, especially #4, something about the red frisbee showing up in the white snow.

#3 and #4 are great - in fact I've just looked again and I like them all!

Do I perhaps recognise Loki from a certain other Doggy Forum?

Thanks again everyone

#3 and #4 are great - in fact I've just looked again and I like them all!

Do I perhaps recognise Loki from a certain other Doggy Forum?

Thanks Ds. Oh yes, you most certainly do. She gets around:)

She's beautiful, our friends have just got one of these dogs, she's a cute little puppy at the moment, must get round to theirs and get some shots.

They're lovely pictures, I like the way she stands out in the white snow and sky. The snow is a little bit blown in a couple of them but I don't think it detracts at all.

She's beautiful, our friends have just got one of these dogs, she's a cute little puppy at the moment, must get round to theirs and get some shots.

They're lovely pictures, I like the way she stands out in the white snow and sky. The snow is a little bit blown in a couple of them but I don't think it detracts at all.

Thanks.

The snow is not blown at all in any of these images, maybe your monitor needs calibrated?

Also, why are you quoting someone else's post from another thread here?

These are lovely images - snow is one of the (many) times when it pays not to have black dogs :D

Agree with Kelak that this snow is a little blown in some but that it does not detract from the images

I think you will find the quoted section is in her signature

Thanks. As I said in my previous post, the snow is not blown in any of these images! not a little, not a tiny bit, not even a smidgin. I took these images and exposed correctly for them, I should know. Canon DPP does not show they are blown, neither does photoshop (or my 5d MKII), so you or anyone else that thinks otherwise please show me the evidence that they are and not that you just think they are because your eyes or monitor see them that way.

Not trying to be rude but please put up or shut up and make sure you know for fact that there might be something a miss with someone's images rather than guessing there might be or because someone else thinks so too.

Wish I'd never said anything now :|

And the quote is in my signature because it amused me.

Last time I comment on anyone's posts again then. Just thought I'd comment as my friends have the same dog

Not trying to be rude but please put up or shut up and make sure you know for fact that there might be something a miss with someone's images rather than guessing there might be or because someone else thinks so too.

Sure sounds rude to me, maybe you need to recalibrate cos a couple nearly blinded me on my monitor

Edit: nice dog though

Last edited:
They are all good photos and what kelack said doest not detract from the quality of them.
However, there is no need to be rude.

so you or anyone else that thinks otherwise please show me the evidence that they are and not that you just think they are because your eyes or monitor see them that way.

I like the shots and the dog looks perfectly exposed.

But as you seem to want to be a bit arsey about the blown snow I would have to agree with the fact that it is with
2009-10-23_170607.jpg

As others have mentioned it doesn't detract from the photo for me.

Also, you are coming across quite arrogant in your replies. This forum is a very valuable tool for gauging a response from a wide range of people. People may offer views that you don't agree with, but it doesn't mean you have to reply with blunt bordering on rude replies that are just going to make you unpopular.

Sure sounds rude to me, maybe you need to recalibrate cos a couple nearly blinded me on my monitor

Edit: nice dog though

Now you scraggs are just being a total knob and you should really consider buying a better monitor than the one you have if snow pictures are blinding you, your monitor must be duff.

Don't reply to my threads if you have nothing intelligent to contribute, got it? good.

I like the shots and the dog looks perfectly exposed.

But as you seem to want to be a bit arsey about the blown snow I would have to agree with the fact that it is with
2009-10-23_170607.jpg

As others have mentioned it doesn't detract from the photo for me.

Also, you are coming across quite arrogant in your replies. This forum is a very valuable tool for gauging a response from a wide range of people. People may offer views that you don't agree with, but it doesn't mean you have to reply with blunt bordering on rude replies that are just going to make you unpopular.

Arsey? you are the one being the arse if you think that diagram shows the highlights in my images are clipped, it's snow, duh of course they will be to the right of the histogram, they are not blown mr lemmon ok?

Now you scraggs are just being a total knob and you should really consider buying a better monitor than the one you have if snow pictures are blinding you, your monitor must be duff.

Don't reply to my threads if you have nothing intelligent to contribute, got it? good.

Arsey? you are the one being the arse if you think that diagram shows the highlights in my images are clipped, it's snow, duh of course they will be to the right of the histogram, they are not blown mr lemmon ok?

There's no need to be rude or personally insult anyone. I think you need to learn the value of constructive criticism - and if you don't think CC is right it is possible to disagree politely you know....

/Steps back and waits for a certain mod to come along. I can't take this one from him :D

Snow looks a little bit blue too *snigger*

(Private joke before you tell me off)

Well I hope he's here soon, me dinner's nearly ready.

There's no need to be rude or personally insult anyone. I think you need to learn the value of constructive criticism - and if you don't think CC is right it is possible to disagree politely you know....

Then I think you and some others on here need to learn how to give CC properly and, more importantly, accurately instead of parroting others comments whose C&C is not constructive or a true criticism either.

Please be sure of your facts before typing out guff on your keyboard.

Then I think you and some others on here need to learn how to give CC properly and, more importantly, accurately instead of parroting others comments whose C&C is not constructive or a true criticism either.

Please be sure of your facts before typing out guff on your keyboard.

And please be a little more respectful of others when typing on YOUR keyboard.

I see there is a child here who has lost his dummy and has decided to write garbage below my username. What kind of people are you that allow this behaviour on a photography forum, especially from a so called moderator?

Sorry I am late, was having a very lovely candle lit evening meal, tried to take a photo but kept blowing out the candles.

so called moderator?

So called moderators can't change user titles, only the forum overs themselves.

Anyway, as for being an arse, probably true!

As for the blown highlights I am really at a loss as to why you are taking this as a massive offense. No one, I don't think, has suggested they detract from the image. Instead they, I would assume, seem to be suggesting that the detail of the snow has been lost in the highlights (what I understand to be 'blown highlights') You can't seriously be saying that the snow was perfectly smooth bright white as it appears in the image? I have never seen texture-less snow, maybe I am missing out!

I think this may all boil down to a miss understanding of 'blown highlights' I understand it to be when the highlights loose detail and all merge into shades of white, aka 'clipped'. I think you are taking it as some massive insult and not the way anyone on the thread intended it.

Can we all have a big hug and let me get back to my bottle of pear cider please? :)

Now you scraggs are just being a total knob

Aw, see now I missed that bit. Scraggs is a very nice bloke, and that just seems downright rude. :nono:

Any chance he might get an apology for that, if/when you return to this thread?

No worries if not, but you may find yourself with slightly limited access to the forums :)

I'm still upset that Hashcake called me a bloke :razz: :LOL:

Dejavu - read back on my threads that I've posted and see how constructive criticism is taken. I think over the last 2 years I've had quite a bit of constructive criticism and taken it quite well and built on it.

I'm sorry I said your snow was blown but if you didn't want c&c you should have posted in the Photos for Pleasure room. There's no need to be so downright rude about it. Yes, they were good photos but now I wish I hadn't even bloody looked. I looked as my friends have got the same dog.

This forum is for getting advice - I thought your snow was a bit blown, so I said. It's comments like you've made that stop people actually posting crit and that's what I joined this forum for. Stick to flickr if you just want positive comments.

I've had a pretty crappy week after having a bad reaction to an op on Monday and you've just made it a hell of a lot worse by being so arrogant.

Thanks, appreciate it.

Oooo! This is fun! I love it when someone has an epic reason for posting failure, and in parallel, a serious sense of humour failure.

You see, the way you SHOULD have handled this, was to say something along the lines of "Oh, are they? They appear to be ok on my monitor, I'll go back and check". Hell, even if you don't go back and check, people will instantly leave the matter alone because you've acknowledged it in a civilized manner.

Further, don't say things like:

"Don't reply to my threads if you have nothing intelligent to contribute, got it? good."

Because that is just plain out of order. I happen to agree that scraggs is a top bloke, and even if you don't like his post, IGNORE it like a mature person, and if you really feel that strongly about it, use the Report Post button.

Getting up tight about things on a forum, especially things this simple, is really rather childish, and resorting to insults and arrogance is worse still.

As for the shots, I happen to quite like them. They're well composed. Though... well, I won't say it, but the histogram says it all ;)

Last edited:
Sorry I am late, was having a very lovely candle lit evening meal, tried to take a photo but kept blowing out the candles.

So called moderators can't change user titles, only the forum overs themselves.

Anyway, as for being an arse, probably true!

As for the blown highlights I am really at a loss as to why you are taking this as a massive offense. No one, I don't think, has suggested they detract from the image. Instead they, I would assume, seem to be suggesting that the detail of the snow has been lost in the highlights (what I understand to be 'blown highlights') You can't seriously be saying that the snow was perfectly smooth bright white as it appears in the image? I have never seen texture-less snow, maybe I am missing out!

I think this may all boil down to a miss understanding of 'blown highlights' I understand it to be when the highlights loose detail and all merge into shades of white, aka 'clipped'. I think you are taking it as some massive insult and not the way anyone on the thread intended it.

Can we all have a big hug and let me get back to my bottle of pear cider please? :)

Yes, correct but these images are not clipped or blown. You must remember all of these images were taken between f4.0 and f5.0 and so obviously the background detail will merge into shades of white because of the settings I chose and the fact it was covered in snow and grey sky. (N.B the snow in the field this day had just fallen and was also flawless as nobody had stepped on it)

Take this original RAW image dropped in DPP, the exposure is correct, if I exposed just + over half a stop there would have been some blown highlights but also any detail in the snow showing at the correct exposure would be lost further. As well as the aperture f5.0, it was also shot at 200mm with my 70-200 f4.0 L lens so the detail in the snow in the background and immediate foreground will appear merged but still not clipped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oooo! This is fun! I love it when someone has an epic reason for posting failure, and in parallel, a serious sense of humour failure.

You see, the way you SHOULD have handled this, was to say something along the lines of "Oh, are they? They appear to be ok on my monitor, I'll go back and check". Hell, even if you don't go back and check, people will instantly leave the matter alone because you've acknowledged it in a civilized manner.

Further, don't say things like:

"Don't reply to my threads if you have nothing intelligent to contribute, got it? good."

Because that is just plain out of order. I happen to agree that scraggs is a top bloke, and even if you don't like his post, IGNORE it like a mature person, and if you really feel that strongly about it, use the Report Post button.

Getting up tight about things on a forum, especially things this simple, is really rather childish, and resorting to insults and arrogance is worse still.

As for the shots, I happen to quite like them. They're well composed. Though... well, I won't say it, but the histogram says it all ;)

Listen to me donuld whaur's yer breeks and listen good, don't tell me what, or what not to say, I will say what I damn well please and if you don't like it, tough!
I don't care that scags is your buddy he was out of order with his idiotic & useless comment just like your post. Who the hell do you think you are trying to tell me how I should conduct myself on this forum?? Just remember what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Listen to me donuld whaur's yer breeks and listen good, don't tell me what, or what not to say, I will say what I damn well please and if you don't like it, tough!
I don't care that scags is your buddy he was out of order with his idiotic & useless comment just like your post. Who the hell do you think you are trying to tell me how I should conduct myself on this forum?? Just remember what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Well I'n also telling you, wind your neck in or get some time off!

personal attack removed, do you have nothing better to do with your time other than this?...Posting failure certainly not, these images have been posted on many forums and have had all good comments, mostly from people who know how to take images. btw I see you have some fine camera equipment there but no where to share your images, as you have a broken picasso image gallery, now why don't you get lost and go and create a gallery instead of annoying people with your useless comments on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeez, do you ever give it a rest? Take a few days to cool off I think.

:clap:

Yep, you really need help my friend. If you looked carefully at my sig instead of reading only the camera equipment, you'll see where my photos are. Not that I really care what you think either way. (y)

If you can't see how your conduct on here is wrong, then you have no place on this forum.

Have fun getting popular chief, you've certainly revealed who you really are! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back