London camera shop?

Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm gonna head into London tomorrow and I was hoping to pick up a 50mm lens for my 5Dmk one. In was wondering if any of you guys and gals know of any good reputable shops in central London. I don't want to order it on-line and have to wait I want to open it and give it a whirl on the street..

Jessops, Jacobs, Fixation, Calumet... Where abouts are you planning to be in London?

Aperture in Museum Street (Bloomsbury / New Oxford Street area) are very good

Even Harrods sells Canon and Nikon stuff!

Jessops flagship store and Jacobs flagship store are opposite one another in New Oxford Street. Five miute walk from there takes you to a little cluster of camera shops immediately south of the British Museum - Aperture UK (worth a visit just for the coffee!), York cameras, Microglobe, another branch of jessops, and a couple of others I forget.

Make sure you don't go to Nicholas camera company, Camden High Street if my experiences are anything to go by they were shocking

Last edited:
camera world (i think that's what it's called) off eastcastle street, I think it was on Wells street. I was visiting a client on Berners street and popped in there. A big Jessops around here towards Tottenham Ct Road.

Easiest thing would be to head towards Tottenham court road where you can take your pick. Pick carefully though as no doubt prices and sources will vary between shop. I love walking up TCR and looking at all the lovely massive TVs and equipment. I could spend a fortune there.

London Camera Exchange in the Strand is worth a visit.

Craig, what is wrong with Nicholas's? I was thinking of buying a used
Canon 10-22 mm EFS from them.

Davol

Make sure you don't go to Nicholas camera company, Camden High Street if my experiences are anything to go by they were shocking

I agree totally.

Try to get to Aperture in Museum Street though, even if it's just for a look round. They mainly deal in older film cameras but they do have some modern stuff.

Go at lunch time as they are a café as well.

Steve.

I just noticed that on the Nikon site!

That sites out of date it still shows the shop i used to work in as a nikon dealer and it closed down two years ago :cautious:

Back