London Christmas meet - shots from Camden

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm not long back from meeting up with fellow TP'ers at the big London meet in Camden. An early start presented us with wind and rain which didn't fill me with confidence for my introduction to 'street' photography as this is not an area I have tried before and to be honest I knew I would feel awkward taking pictures of strangers.

We met up in Camden and it was good to see some familiar faces as well as others I hadn't met before but by now the weather was really miserable - even more miserable were many of the stallholders and shopowners with lots of signs proclaiming "NO PHOTOGRAPHS"!

I didn't take that many pictures and the ones I did do are mostly of TP members.

All shot with the D3 and 85mm f/1.8, varying ISO's up to 5000.

London_meet-2.jpg

London_meet-1.jpg

3. Where we should have gone!
London_meet-10.jpg

4. I thought Adam (Forbiddenbiker) was a Bishop but he's obviously been promoted. :LOL:
London_meet-7.jpg

5. Little black number anyone?
London_meet-12.jpg

6. Nigel (Shutterman) in action despite our attempts to thwart this shot!
London_meet-8.jpg

7. Mmmmmm
London_meet-9.jpg

London_meet-1-2.jpg

9. This just about sums up my day.....
London_meet-6.jpg

:LOL: some nice shots there mate...
love the saint...:LOL:

shame i could not make it .... i was gutted i even got as far as dressed and leaving the bedroom before a comment that i could not avoid was made :cautious:

hence 4.35 and i was getting back into bed ...

great shots though mate this is the kind of thing i wanted to try out...(y)

there's always next time...(y)

md(y)

Thanks Dave, as you say, next time. ;)

Cheers Luke, I think they are going to get a bit wet this afternoon. :wacky:

:LOL:

Great shots. Me and hammerhead64 came down by about 11.30 and met everyone in the bar then had to go move the car and got stuck in traffic so didn't get any shots. We are just leaving the docklands now where we took a few shots to get something out of today LOL.

Will come by train next time.

That is brilliant timing on the halo shot :D
Shame about the signs up on the stalls.....Claming social perhaps? ;)

Excellent set and I must said I enjoyed looking through these, Halo shots a goodern ;)

If its public place then they can't stop you taking photographs.

Great set Colin! That halo one is ace! :clap:

Liking the mannequins and the food shots too!

All good viewing! (y)

That Nigel has a mean left eye though doesn't he :D

Great shots Jon, that little Nikon FM was minty wasn't it!

Thanks for all the comments, it is appreciated. John and Kerioak, here are a couple more for you.....

1. Tasty......:naughty: ;)
London_meet-1-3.jpg

London_meet-11.jpg

i really love your two 'little black number' ones!

Just got back in, 280 mile round trip. Good to meet so many of you.

Didn't get many shots but will have a play with a few of them and post some up in a while.

Oh, ffs!

:p

:LOL:

On behalf of us Londoners, good of you to all make the effort guys…. A very big effort for many of you, plus the horrible uninspiring weather…I applaud you all. :clap:

Dave (MD) real shame mate, better luck next time.

So I just got back, still dripping, the rain never ceased to stop did it. After a while wet rot set in cos members started pondering 'If everyone suddenly but down their brollies, would the rain gods just give up out of pure frustration.’
.... still, I’m surprised we got any shots at all considering the amount of gabbing we did hiding from the rain.

Colin Jon, great shots guys, good to meet you both at last. (y)

Colin. :p :D

I'm gonna be sower than most getting mine, and also my first Extreme cards gone and crashed out on me around lunch time... so hopefully I'll get everything off via recovery software ... 27mins to go right now, so tomorrows for me for processing ....maybe.

I have another semi filled card for the rest of theday, so I'll defo have something.

(y)

hey hacker

great pics, would love to know the PP on #3(Bar) and #8(Suitcases)

Shame I'm so new to TalkP I missed out as I was out in London shopping today!

Hacker, im loving the pics! very nice.. especially the shot of Adam... that was smashing..

It was a good day out for me.. iv not been out too much since the op and it was well and truly over due..:puke:

Oh! No 6 is my fav of the bunch for artistic merit but all the shots of the rabble are very well received!! lol..

If its public place then they can't stop you taking photographs.

Camden market isnt public property, its private!! and they didnt take long to remind up either!! who set up the tripod??!!! :LOL:

Anyway, how did you all get home before me?? thats weired!! :thinking:

Great shots by all. The meets always look like good fun, and a good way to meet a few TP members. Will make one one day, just wish I could get more time off work.

Heres a few of mine:

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0075.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0110.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0114.jpg

And well it wouldnt be a christmas meet without:
DSC_0103.jpg

And I understand why some people may not like this one (grainy etc) however i think it adds to the image. (strangely!)
londonswatching.jpg

Last edited:
Nice edit there itsjosh :p that sign was getting a little repetitive!

Some cracking shot everyone :) looks like it was proper wet though :( poor buggers.

Still waiting on that group shot :p

haha, well photobucket seems to have changed and no longer copies when you click the link :LOL: my bad!! I did hope no-one would see my error :(

Ditto what Ad said, huge thankyou to everyone that turned up, especially those non-londoners that braved the journey and the foul weather. It was great so meet a lot more Tp'ers and put more faces to names. (y)

Some great shots posted already, despite several unflattering ones of yours truely! WELL DONE ALL, loking forwadr to more. Will load mine [and Andy's, who shared the d300 for a while] onto puter later and see what I have thats worthy of posting.

Oh, and "All Aboard the Skylark" is from Noah and Nelly btw :D

Last edited:
Very friendly bunch of peeps. Shame it was for only a short time ...... but good to put some faces to names.

Learnt my lesson ..... public transport next time. Dal & I Managed to find a spot in the Isle of Dogs so the day wasn't a total loss on the pic front.

Look forward to better weather at the next one ....

All the shots posted so far have captured the dampness of the day so well and I think the halo one is quality.....

Very nice shots one and all, got back home at about 9.30 have just wacked 2 of my wcky zonko tablets down my neck and I am semi flying.... will get some images up soon, Good to see the usual faces and the new faces as well.

Must as out of the images so far I think first price must go to the "street virgin" Colin for his Halo shot.... I dd not realise we had Simon Templar in out mist's.

Nigel

PS:- Tail miserably at my task of obtaining Yv's D300, was beaten off many times..But have new target... Woodsy's new baby... I think its up for adoption at the next meet....

Haha i also must apologise...
1) For being late..
2) For my friends vanishing!!
3) For my dodgy phone that you will be happy to know IS going back to the shop TOMORROW!

Great to meet you all today, thankyou to the organisers for all the arrangements/directions/parking info. (y) Plus a big thankyou to Mark for the lift..... (y)
Considering the weather, there are some wonderfull pics being posted, I may post a couple just to show really how bad the light was today.

Back