London meet shots Oct '06

Forbiddenbiker

The Enforcer
Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Some of my favourites from yesterday.

Great day I thought and loads of Nikon users as well. (y) ...good job really, because it did rain very heavily for a while. :naughty: heehee.

I tried a rear shutter flash for the first time on the skate park shots, both of these are about 30th sec.

Skate1rf.jpg

Skate2rf.jpg

Using Robs speed light here...it made all the difference...shame I missed the shadow on the eyes.
graffspray.jpg

We met Fingers and his blogg friends...so we all took each others photo..As you do, Its the rules ya see.
photogs.jpg

A Frenchman with balls....unusual I know.
crystalcolum.jpg

A non Nikon user. ;)
rainshooter.jpg

I tried Joe’s idea of very long exposures to get some interesting ghosting...
It didn't work this time..
So only this one to show you all.
Bridge.jpg

You've got the elderly couple I took a shot of in the background of the Frenchman shot - which is also my favourite - the reflections in the bals are fantastic!

1st skateboarder shot - WOW, love it :clap: (y)

1st skateboarder shot - WOW, love it :clap: (y)

Had to come back to look at the skateboarder again. I know I said it once, but I'll say it again - Love it :D .
Now I'm gonna dig that D70 manual out (you know...the one I never read:bang: ) and check out that rear curtain sync flash :geek: :geek: :geek:

Glad to see it rains "daarn surth" :D

Nice shots #1 being specially worthy of mention (y)

Excellent set the first skater is my favourite, wish I'd tried that with my flashgun now.

ohhh very good, lkike the skaters...the french dude is just weird though

Great shots (y) looks like it was a really good day, with lots of opportunites to experiment and learn from each other.

Good shots of the skaters there - and that was just with the pop-up flash? Pretty good stuff there, maybe we should have made more effort with those guys...

first ones great, really like it :)

Good shots of the skaters there - and that was just with the pop-up flash?

Yes, just the pop up with those. Its small week and fairly soft, so just right for a bit of close fill I find....well sometimes.
...can't help but think of how much better it may have been if I'd have had your SB800 on, nice and defused, and bounced of the ceiling or something.

I'm quite please the rest of you didn't make so much of an effort with the skaters...if I'm honest. ;) :LOL:

Thanks everyone.

Hmmm... do I detect a bit of one-upmanship there...?

Hmmm... do I detect a bit of one-upmanship there...?

:( possibly..

..maybe.. :thinking:

But no, I don't think so, I'm more laughing at myself because of the pure luck of being the only one to use the rear sync on the day, because if the rest of you had joined in, especially you, then this shot wouldn’t be having the impact it is having I recon....I’m musing on that point. :D

...I think.

I'll get my coat. :(

The skater shots have made me want to try rear-sync and like the others the French balls for once were worthwhile!

lol that elderly couple watching the frenchman, you can just hear the one on the left saying "Oh DEAR LORD, what's he gonna do?...The peril! the peril!"

lol, That’s the look exactly...."oh dear Lord", holds hanky over ones mouth just in case one should faint from the sheer madness of it all...

If only I'd noticed on the day.

Thanks for the comments everyone. (y)

I did!!!! :LOL: (See Arkady - THAT was one-upmanship!!!!!:p )

Back