London: Pearly Kings And Queens

Dark Star

TPer Emeritus
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I had a terrific day out in London yesterday with Rob (Defiance) and Pat (Behappy). The wet start turned to patchy sunshine as we took ourselves around Spitalfields and Brick Lane.

These are my first postings of a few I think!

In Brick Lane we bumped into some Pearly Kings and Queens (and a Queen Mother) Lovely people who were more than happy to let us take shots!

C+C appreciated :D

1) Pearly Queen

3603944345_f130731e98_o.jpg

2) Pearly Profile

3606746733_4df1fa0da3_o.jpg

3) Pearly King

3606963864_089b2c5077_o.jpg

4) Pearly King II

3607685400_9ac336d3f0_o.jpg

5) Pearly Hand

3604854956_0b43333d8d_o.jpg

6) Pearly Smoke

3604866584_b5766c0b87_o.jpg

7) Pearly Queen Mother and Daughter

3607578932_0a8ced8859_o.jpg

8) Pearly Hands

3607565458_9229a23d13_o.jpg

It's a good set, I like the expressions captured in each although might have liked a bit more blurry background in #7

Well, luv a duck! you walk down the frog & toad and there appear before ya mince pies! *** they got on their Uncle ned?

Check out the fridge in No4! Nice Whistle but looks half father Ted!..

Im off for a gypsies..

Nice set John, you dont see them too often these days mate.. a dying breed me thinks..

Kelly, Dave, Tony - many thanks for the comments!

Tony - some interesting boats on display and I can only hope their saucepans keep the Jeremiah burning!

Those titfers and whistles must've taken some work!

:)

:LOL:

Im so pleased i was born just out of earshot of the Bow Bells!.. i hate buttons!

Tony - some interesting boats on display and I can only hope their saucepans keep the Jeremiah burning!

Those titfers and whistles must've taken some work!

:)

I was born just up the frog from North 'Arra, just a short ball in fact, and understood every word of that (y)

#2 is stunning, me ole China (y)

Cheers Tony again!

And cheers Chris - my Dad was a cockney and rhyming slang is a lost art :(

Thanks for the comments :)

And the next time someone calls you a 'berk' look up the origins of the word :D

And cheers Chris - my Dad was a cockney and rhyming slang is a lost art :(

Thanks for the comments :)

And the next time someone calls you a 'berk' look up the origins of the word :D
;)

My dad wasn't a true Cockney but spoke a lot of rhyming slang to us
Saucepans when we were younger
I still remember a fair bit of it (y)

;)

My dad wasn't a true Cockney but spoke a lot of rhyming slang to us
Saucepans when we were younger
I still remember a fair bit of it (y)

Its great stuff isn't it :) Shame about Richard van Dyke! :D

Clive - thanks for your comment- glad you like 'em :)

:clap: What a fantastic idea for a photo shoot!

I love the contemporary realism of your shots - the sharpness of the obviously plastic buttons, the "postcard punk" glee of the models (no disrespect intended) and the resistance on your part to PP them in a twee, b&w, old-fashioned way :nono:.

A really fascinating set, well executed and cleverly composed. Top marks, Dark Star (y).

Thanks Andy thats really kind of you! We were lucky to find them as they move around London whilst collecting for charity so next week they'll be somewhere else. A fine bunch of ladies and gentlemen they are too :)

Great shots :) Nearly as good as mine :LOL:

will post some when I get around to it....;)

I really enjoyed the trek on Sunday with you and Pat and thanks for the great company. All these are superb John. I particularly like the character in #1, the detail and sharpness as well as the capture in #2, the quality of the portrait in 3, and the composition of the 6th.

Pat, Ruth, Rob - many thanks!

Rob + Pat - it was a thoroughly enjoyable day :)

And the free wine was just the icing on the cake :D

These are great John! The Pearly community really make me smile when they come out I force. Wish I had been there.

These are great John! The Pearly community really make me smile when they come out I force. Wish I had been there.

Either Pat or Rob picked up their leaflet which has a website which I believe lists where they might be next - I'll see if I can find the link :)

Cheers Jo :)

Back