London Walkabout Photos

Edit My Images
Yes
I had a walkabout London, and naturally tok my camera,

It was my first time walking round a major city with my camera, and didn't manage to get all the mages as well executed as I would have liked.

I'd like some general feedback, i.e composition etc, and anything I can do PP.

Thanks

First 5..

IMG_2374 by, on Flickr

IMG_2368 bon Flickr

IMG_2362 byon Flickr

IMG_2353 by , on Flickr

IMG_2343 on Flickr

Last edited:
Great set, love where you've picked out the details in such a manic place.

Great set there, love the motion in the tube shots ... took me a while to realise that #2 was an escalator :D

Haha yes I threw in number 2 to see if anyone would realise what it was! I figured and empty escalator on the tube was a rarity so had to snap it quickly!

Two things I would say,
First, if you are going to post them, make sure there are no technical problems.
IMG_2362 has a good dynamic of the train movement but also has bad camera shake, since nothing is sharp.
IMG_2353 is OK in that respect. To emphasize the movement you need a nice sharp reference in the rest of the shot.

Second, I be inclined to crop a few of them.
IMG_2333 with the bicycle, you have half an advertising sign on the left, which I find distracting.
Either have all the sign or crop it out completely. Also the lights of the car tend to draw your eye to the right of the image.
The tube train shots also have half advertising signs in them that I would look at cropping out.

IMG_2198 with the guy crossing the mews with the graffiti'd wall, you cut the mans feet off, and there is a distracting half of an Estate Agents sign top left, which could be cropped out.
IMG_2154 I'd crop out the half taxi and maybe waited until the buses were a bit further into the shot. (Nice starburst on the bus headlight though.)

As a suggestion, I'd crop the man sleeping on the tube to a square format, since I don't think the window of the right adds anything to the shot.

View attachment 18717

Two things I would say,
First, if you are going to post them, make sure there are no technical problems.
IMG_2362 has a good dynamic of the train movement but also has bad camera shake, since nothing is sharp.
IMG_2353 is OK in that respect. To emphasize the movement you need a nice sharp reference in the rest of the shot.

Second, I be inclined to crop a few of them.
IMG_2333 with the bicycle, you have half an advertising sign on the left, which I find distracting.
Either have all the sign or crop it out completely. Also the lights of the car tend to draw your eye to the right of the image.
The tube train shots also have half advertising signs in them that I would look at cropping out.

IMG_2198 with the guy crossing the mews with the graffiti'd wall, you cut the mans feet off, and there is a distracting half of an Estate Agents sign top left, which could be cropped out.
IMG_2154 I'd crop out the half taxi and maybe waited until the buses were a bit further into the shot. (Nice starburst on the bus headlight though.)

A good example of thoughtful constructive crit ... taking note :)

As a suggestion, I'd crop the man sleeping on the tube to a square format, since I don't think the window of the right adds anything to the shot.

In this instance I think the extra window adds to the 'dreamy' 'zzzzzzzz' feel to the image with the repeated wavy lines :)

Back