London...

Hi Phil, I'll hopefully start the ball rolling, I am by no means an expert so take it or leave it :)
I am not a fan of the looking down shots so would stick to shots like number 2 , All of the shots appear to be out of focus? Without seeing the settings you shot at I am guessing you were wide open with the aperture .
If so try a higher one, say f8-f11 and try longer exposures.
John

Thankyou

I seem to get a lot of feedback on being out of focus. Somewhere I'm struggling at. I'm struggling to even notice if they are out of focus lol! How do you tell?

Will have to dig out what settings I shot at, but will do some research on correct settings before shooting!

Appreciate your feedback, thankyou!

Phil

Phil, without knowing how you are shooting it's hard, this is my routine, probably not correct but hey it works for me.Do it in steps
1. Use a tripod and a remote shutter release trigger, on my canon the dial is turned to B for bulb
2. As I said set the aperture for around f8-f11
3. In autofocus mode get your image in view.
4. Very carefully switch to manual focus.
5. Press the trigger and try different time exposures until you are happy.
This is one of mine from a few weeks back

The Path To Lager
by John Jesney, on Flickr

Brill, I will try that routine. Lovely photo too! Thankyou for your help!

Phil

Anytime, I would say number 4 is the most important. You need to turn the lens over to Manual focus without moving the camera, this will stop the lens trying to refocus when you press the trigger (I think) :thinking:.
Just keep practising and keep enjoying what you are doing
John

Back